Gear cables Gore ,coated etc.

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Im looking for some coated cables for my daily riding bike. Given everything else on it is of good quality so id like the cables to be the same
The Gore ones are about £55 new but is there anything else at maybe 1/2 that price ?

Ta :D

I've always got on with the Goodridge kits.

Failing that, it's difficult to fault XTR / Dura Ace cable kits.

I like the Transfill Black Snake kits too. Particularly for bikes with under bottom bracket cable routing where the thin outer allows you to pretty much completely cover the inner cable from the shifter to the mech, which keeps out dirt and water and keeps the cables running smoother for longer.

You can also buy the waterproof kit separately so you can use them with pretty much any cable inners and outers: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/transfil-gear-cable-waterproof-kit/

Cheers for the replies so far guys :cool: :D
The bike station i work at has an account with shimano/madison and im hoping they'll see it to include a wee order from myself next time they put in their order
Just a wee add :)

Like an entire XTR groupo :LOL:

I mainly use Nokon and Saccon outers, but any coated outer cable will do just fine really.
What's most important, is to put enough grease on the inner cable itself. A thin coat along the entire length will suffice. Any excess grease will fail to enter the outer cable, so you'll get a ball of grease where the inner cable enters the outer one. That can easily be wiped off.
The grease makes the movement much, much slicker and adds increased rust protection as well.

Latest posts

Back