Bob Jackson Special Tourist

Thanks! :D

Spec wise it´s not very impressive, but here goes:

Frame: Bob Jackson Special Tourist, Reynolds 531st

55cm c-t-c seattube, 56cm c-t-c toptube, british threads, touring brase-ons, 130mm oln

Fork: reynolds 531 st, cantilever and low-rider brase-ons

Headset: Well used Stronglight (to be replaced)
Stem: Nitto technomic 80mm lenght, 220mm tall, 25.4 clamp
Handlebar: Nitto randonneur 135, 450mm size, 25.4 clamp
Bar Tape: Brooks

Brake Levers: Tektro RL520
Brake Calipers: Tektro CR720 cantilevers
Brake Pads: Tektro

Shifters: Shimano Dura-ace bar-ends, 9 speed
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore LX triple, 1990 (was nos)
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore Lx long cage, 1990

Cassette: Shimano deore 11-34t, 9 speed
Chain: Shimano ultegra 9speed
Cranks: Shimano Deore Lx triple, 110bcd/74bcd , faced, sanded smooth and polished
Chainrings: 46t no brand nos alloy, 34t stronglight alloy, 24t stronglight steel
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Deore Lx 123mm, british cups
Pedals: MKS Touring, zefal/cristophe straps, cristophe cages

Rims: Mavic A318, 36h
Hubs: Rear Shimano 105, 9 speed, 130 oln, Front Dynamo Shimano N80, 36h
Hub Skewers: Shimano Deore
Nipples: Dt swiss
Spokes: Dt Swiss champion 2.0, plain gauge stainless
Tyres: I use Panaracer pasela tg 700x25c, Michelin Dynamic 700x28c and Hutchinson CX 700x30c, will be trying Panaracer pasela tg 700x32 or 28 (depending on clearance)
Tubes: Schwalbe with anti-flat liquid.

Saddle: Brooks b17 from the 60´s (to be replaced)
Seatpost: Zeus, alloy, fluted 27.0mm
Seatpost Binder: No brand Cro-mo

Bottle Cage: No brand stainless
Extras:Blue anodised alloy pump Zefal, No brand stainless bottles, Cyo R Headlight, Fender bot rear light, Garmin Dakota 20 gps, VO front rack, Homemade front bag, No brand Old Portuguese mudguards(alloy), homemade front mudguard flap (leather)

Weight: A lot!! :D , around 14kg :roll:

That's a lovely spec, the bars look extremely comfy, how is the brooks tape? I have a new b17 I'm just breaking in now :D

Do you use it for light trails with the cx tyres on? Still with mudguards?

I bet the weight would go down massively though with no racks/mudguards though :D

For me this is the best setup for confort/long distance. I use it for everything, sometimes light trails, always with the mudguards.
Most of the weight is in the wheels, but i don´t care, they are absolutely bomb-proof. +- 4000 kms and still true, as true as new. Because of that I can run the brake pads real close to the rim and she brakes almost too much.
I stoped riding other bikes which are faster and lighter because i missed the confort and steadiness of this bike.

I´m not a racer, just a guy who likes to ride, so this bike is it for me. Of course i will always have other bikes, but that´s just because i´m a bike nerd, not because i need them. :D

Mr.E":1gcu088n said:
I´m not a racer, just a guy who likes to ride, so this bike is it for me. Of course i will always have other bikes, but that´s just because i´m a bike nerd, not because i need them. :D

:shock: That sums up my cycling perfectly :LOL:

Wish you many more happy miles on her :D

Back