Raleigh M-Trax

RichMTrax

Dirt Disciple
Hi, I have got a couple of Pictures of the New Purchase, another Ebay Purchase, Have started to Strip it down to Clean it all up and Give it a good service, all seems pretty good so far, famous last words. Really gutted that some of the stickers have peeled off, But I think I will try and remove the remains and then try and find a new set. I have a few Chips to sort out in the paint work, worst is cable wear on the top of the forks so may need a repaint on them.

Just thought I would post a couple of images and then hopefully Update as time goes bye.

Cheers all.

Attachments

• Raleigh M-Trax Ti 2.JPG
    Raleigh M-Trax Ti 2.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 885
  • Raleigh M-Trax Ti.JPG
    Raleigh M-Trax Ti.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 884
Thats a lovely bike. We had one in our workshop recently and they are a really well made bike, not like the raleighs nowadays.

hi - nice bike you have got there! - I see you have seen my recent purcahse/build (1995 m-trax 200 ti) - any plans for the build - or are you leaving it as is? Also do you know which model it is? :D

Hi thanks for the Comments, I am really chuffed, I have not been able to find out which model it is as most of the stickers have bits missing, But I am guessing either 1500 or 1000. But I am planning to Investigate further.

I have started to Clean it up today and it is really in quite good condition, a few chip's here and there but nothing to bad so far. I Know I may be going against the grain a bit, But I have some nice Humpert Contest Multi Position Handlebars and an adjustable Stem, But Have not made my mind up just yet but mainly do more touring then anything else. I am looking around on Ebay etc for some Different shifter's at the moment.

Will try and keep and update going as I work my way through it.

RichMTrax":2z8kp4ga said:
I have started to Clean it up today and it is really in quite good condition, a few chip's here and there but nothing to bad so far. I Know I may be going against the grain a bit, But I have some nice Humpert Contest Multi Position Handlebars and an adjustable Stem, But Have not made my mind up just yet but mainly do more touring then anything else. I am looking around on Ebay etc for some Different shifter's at the moment.

Will try and keep and update going as I work my way through it.

As you may already have worked out - my opinion is you should change whatever you want component wise - it's using it that counts - not looking at it (although that's nice too...)

I cannot Agree More, It is not an trophy just to be polished, I am going to use it as much as possible, Well I have sold My two Modern Bikes already, So have no choice really but I already prefer the M-Trax and have only Had a quick go when I picked it up.

(I am Looking for a Small Frame and Forks Etc for the Wife to Transplant here Bits onto Something around 14"-15" 16" Max)

Thanks for that I did wonder if it was a 1000 Alivio Groupset etc. If anyone knows where I might be able to pick up some Decals.

jinjrich":1vkhth1q said:
I think its a 1000.....

would tend to agree - but unless it a very small size the seat stay to seat post joint is a little off :?:
2958484493_bc0f496658.jpg

as for where to get decals - gil-m seems to be the guy - gil@thecycleshed.co.uk - I will be getting mine from him soon :D

Back