DMR Trailstar - from zero to hero....

Rob Atkin":1w85srbt said:
sinnerman":1w85srbt said:
BLOODY HELL rob.

What a difference... :shock:

:cool:

Didn't I swap a saddle for this frame with you? ;-)
Sold the forks for £10 at Bristol bike jumble. :)

you did.... :oops:

I had one of those saddle BITD, matched my Bravado Team well and really comfy. The blue colour reminds me of the Pashley 26Mhz, they did in that colour. Will look very tidy when finished. Looking forward to the end result.

Spent some time gently re-finishing the inside of the headtube for the headset, and also the BB to take the press-fit cups.

F59B3AF2-9ECB-4349-8EB4-9B9246DA1FB9-1084-000000ADA9569953_zpsdbd4396f.jpg

EF651BFE-C0DA-4640-B90C-229E6DBE0FE1-1084-000000ADBC2331C1_zpsf73578f4.jpg

And then built it up a bit.

0F63C779-FA6D-48E1-8EE5-5C7575C27846-1084-000000ADA19DA8F7_zpscb1c0173.jpg

Looks way better than the pic suggests too.

Found out that I need longer hoses for the Maguras which will go on it. Which means I need a bleeding kit. Not cheap.:-( (even a copy one off ebay is £17!). Will buy one anyway as I have a couple of sets so it'll be used.

This is shaping up really well - love it!

Shame about the hoses, but that's the downside with hydraulics I guess. I've got two sets here that are too long, so have the same challenges. Mine are Avids, and the eBay copy bleed kit wasn't too expensive - it was the cost of new olives and nipples that grated on me!

Regards

Ok I know I've been a bit slack on this but the weather has been cack recently and I needed to sort my Kona out first.
This bike seems to fight me every step of the way -I have bought some new DMR wonder cups, got a bleed kit for the Maguras. The forks/headset/stem were a right pain but all sorted in the end.
I've polished one of the crank arms but it took so long I need a while to summon up the energy to do the other one!! :)

And while the wheels are really nice the spoke tension in the them is terrible, I need to re-tension both wheels and I really can't be bothered at the moment!!

Thanks all for waiting... ;-)

C'mon Rob, pull your finger out! I would love to see this one finished. I have a DMR Sidekick which is a great bike to hit up the streets, BMX track, downhills, 4X tracks, virtually anywhere. I am sure you will really enjoy it once you get finished.

Back