My Kona Kilauea 96

It's not nostalgia mate, they really do ride better than the new sh1t! As an idle winter's evening experiment ( considering you said it was more compliant ) would you think about putting the Fox and disc on the Killy? I had back problems last year and it just emphasised the need to focus on ride quality and range instead of just speed.

Just to dig this post up again, ive been thinking long and hard (for a long while now as you can tell) and have decided im gonna sell the killy.......a really tuff choice for me and im sure im gonna regret doin so, but needs must.........will be posted in the FS section soon.

You might get decent money for it, but perhaps not on here - RB buyers are usually looking for a project rather than a bike. Those cranks are a notable survivor, you don't see many period, let alone in good condition. As you say though, it's a pity about the Curve cantis and the other original parts going missing, as they all have a value now.

I would say if you have a back problem, the worst thing about the current spec is the tyres. Have you ever tried putting 2.25 Racing Ralphs on it? The other thing I would do is fit an ahead converter, shorter stem and 26" low-rise bars. Fitting Hell Bent bars to my 95 Kilauea (also has P2s) made an amazing difference. I really wouldn't have believed how much a bar could transform a bike's handling characteristics, but it's a far, far better bike now than it was before.

All these things have been noted in the past, I know its so "un cool" in these circles, but I really like the fisher so thats staying as my rig for the near future, yeah I could mess with the killy, but its time to move on from it. I do still kick myself for the OE part's that went in the bin tho, just glad I kept the cranks now (think were only used for 6mths as I changed to
RS2's) cheers, nicko

Have just dusted the old girl off, and let her see some daylight, am in two minds to restore or sell, comments welcomed :cool:
Nicko

2012-08-17150621.jpg

CIMG5117.jpg

CIMG5118.jpg

CIMG5121.jpg

CIMG5124.jpg

I know wrong section, but here is the old girls replacement, go easy guys :oops: lol
2010-10-02151047.jpg

2010-10-02151059.jpg
Is the kona a 17" ?

Back