Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon - New fork time :D

Re: Santa Cruz Nomad carbon. Work in progress.

Finally got the wheels built, hope I didn't rush em too much... Time will tell I s'pose.
Borrowing a slightly ghetto mrp guide ftb, need a new boomerang for my silent guide.
Got a cheapy cheap I-beam supernatural KS post off superstar, couldn't resist as its a 150mm travel post and I found my 125mm reverb didn't have enough travel for my lanky pins. Bit of a risk given KS have no current uk base, but it'll be reet!
I will take much better pics tomorrow as headed to the lakes for a big ride past hodge close and over iron keld.
9F1520C6-8B34-4F14-9DFE-4E04437146D6-8967-00000D409249A213_zps7e2648c6.jpg

Re: Santa Cruz Nomad carbon. Work in progress. *Built!*

Looks good fella....does deserve some nicer forks though. When is the first ride booked in?

What do you think to the rims? I've jus bought some new wheels, a choice between Pro II's on the Stan's rims or Easton Havocs. I went for the Eastons in the end...they were half price and just too damn pretty!

I was looking at those KS posts too, but bottled it due to KS having no importer ant more. I really want a dropper post though.

Nice one. What so you reckon to the brakes?

I have a set and like them, although they're not pretty they do work well.

The brakes are ace. I've had them a while, they, along with the drivetrain, came off my remedy.
1st ride out was on Saturday. A bunch of us did a loop over Walna Scar in the lakes. My mate and I reckon that in our 35+ years biking experience, we've never ridden in conditions so extreme! We pushed up the fell into an ice storm. Some of the lads even turned back! I had ice forming on my fork stantions and on my leg hair! When we finally started the descent, our brakes had frozen! Fantastic adventure though.

The photos above were taken yesterday at Gisburn.

The bike is amazing, I've never ridden a bike that handles so well. For a 160mm bike with a heavy fork it climbs like a beast! Think after 4-5 years since I got back into Mtb, I've found the one bike... Until I buy either a Tallboy or a Blur Tr that is.

Think I'll order a Marzocchi 55 for it pretty soon. Not sure I can stretch to the Ti fork, so the CR may have to suffice.

Mine froze up too when I rode in the snow in January...although once I got going downhill and dragged them for a bit, they unfroze. Until I stopped again! My M800 Saint brakes didn't like the cold either.

Bike looks great and glad that it rides well.

As for forks, I'd go RC3...I looked into the CR's and they get slated. I'm thinking of getting some Lyrik's in the summer and putting the 36's on my BFe.

See if you can get some Lyriks, they come in cheaper than the 55 RC3 and perform amazingly. I have a pair on my Ragley and they're awesome.
Got some of those XT brakes too and I love them!
Proper smart looking bike that, I'd love a nomad, but I can't afford one... My Ragley will do for now!

Are you referring to 2013 marzocchi's?
We've just got a big order in at work, one of the lads has put a pair of 55R on his nomad carbon and couldn't believe how good they were! I really don't think I can plump for a pair of Lyriks or RC3 ti's. Think I'll go for the CR, it's a bloody good price!

It is the 13 versions that a lot of people seem unhappy with. There are some quite good deals on Lyriks at the mo, but forks are crazy expensive these days. I wanted some Float RC's but they're a grand! I think the other half would kill be if I spent that kind of cash on some forks.

I'm saving or a pair of Lyriks, should hopefully be able to get them in June.

I managed to get some brand new 2010 lyriks at the start of 2012 for £465 from winstanleys. They're still performing well now, I've just had to do a couple of lower leg services. They do get an absolute hammering off me though! Can't complain too much about having to do a bit of maintenance.

Back