RM Altitude racer 1993 USA

captaincosmic":2xqed8g6 said:
The Chainsuck device is beautifully simple you just have concentrically drilled Aluminium washers which you can adjust to meet the chainrings. I will get some new ones made up as these are a bit used.

I have also finally got a system for fitting bars into Syncros stems ...you just put the two bolts in from the inside and use a shim in the slot so that as you wind the bolts forward it opens up the slot ...simples I cant believe I never did that before .

a couple of coins does the trick without any special "shim". ;) :LOL:

My 'shim' of choice was a dia compe brake spanner.
Before discovering the reverse bolt trick I used a Barbeque tool :shock:

That is lush Steve!

Looks in good nick too, great find.
As a few know, I rode an 18.5" one of these back in the day, awesome bikes. Had the mag21, syncros bits, but grafton cranks and ringle skewers. Theres some pics somewhere on here.

What wheels you using? I had XTR with first gen silver 231 ceramics.

Soooo glad this ones too big :mrgreen:

gump":1tpuw2q5 said:
That is lush Steve!

Looks in good nick too, great find.
As a few know, I rode an 18.5" one of these back in the day, awesome bikes. Had the mag21, syncros bits, but grafton cranks and ringle skewers. Theres some pics somewhere on here.

What wheels you using? I had XTR with first gen silver 231 ceramics.

Soooo glad this ones too big :mrgreen:

The original ones are still over in the US (at least I don't think he bought them)
I have the originals, 28hole front too and 1.8PG spoke, not even bothering with the 2.0/1.8 DB spokes lol.

He now has two of these :facepalm:

I'm going to use the wheels I had built for the Blizzard which is now Retired so they will be..
Red Ringle superbubba up front and red Ringle 8 speed Shimano hyper glide on the rear laced with double butted stainless to Araya RM40 black rims.
Well that's the plan if the front hub fits the Rockshox dropouts ( they don't fit in Pace RC35's ) with red Ringle holey squewers ...of course

Nah not Black Beauty
The 1992 Blizzard has a nasty dent in the top tube from a crash last year it will need a new top tube when funds allow so for the moment it is retired.

To get large contact spacers to fit on Mag forks you need to file the inner tabs of the rockshox if it has them and you may need to file the top edge of the area where it starts to taper to full width its not a lot but the shape was annoying to file. I've done that so my Hope Mono's fit on mine. Work really well at binding the end down though.

Nice hearing how it's coming together, Steve. As sad as I was that it's too big for me, very glad it's gone to a good home! :)

And this bike came with XTR m900 hubs on m231 rims, too. They're still in my basement (with a half dozen other orphaned wheelsets---I really need to put some up for sale at some point).
Those Ringles sound like a great match---just hope they fit.

A couple of pics in bad light been out for a spin and she rides very well
forks work and the hub fits a treat so all good

Attachments

• Finished 2.jpg
    Finished 2.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Finished 1.jpg
    Finished 1.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 171
Back