Unbelievable Sony tip-find

Going slightly off-topic, but digital storage has a surprisingly short lifespan compared to 'conventional' media. Considering that photographic film, when stored properly, will preserve an accurate image far longer than an image file on a CD or USB stick, it wouldn't surprise me if magnetic tape was a more reliable form of long-term audio storage than an mp3 or .wav file.

Praga Khan injected with a poison played at the proper white gloves speed using the pitch control never sound so good...

.... funnily enough I was looking at walkmans on ebay - some of the very early ones are selling for quite stupid (IMO) money - one in Japan for £ 2,000 + :eek:

will you be keeping it or ebaying it?

Koupe":1j2ekr1f said:
it wouldn't surprise me if magnetic tape was a more reliable form of long-term audio storage than an mp3 or .wav file.

I have plenty of magnetic tapes here with MP3 and WAV files on them... won't fit in a walkman or clone though! I have never once been satisfied with the sound from any (genuine) iPod I've tried (admittedly only a handful over the years); maybe it was the earphones or maybe I didn't get the EQ set right. Given the horrible user interfaces on most of them it's not a wonder...

I have seen some of the rare ones, I have the not too rare TPS-L2 as well

Keeping them both for now.

*Edit - was a bit worried about bringing these two together in case the world imploded or something

Attachments

• Sony WM-D6C and TPS-L2.jpg
    Sony WM-D6C and TPS-L2.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 99
who would throw that out????- mate had one bitd and the sound was amazing and they still fetch good money on the bay- remember him sending it off to get summit inside tweeked to match his BASF tape selection- was expensive to do and made no difference IMHO :LOL:

Back