Bit worn out!

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Took this in part ex today! Well when I say part ex the owner actually gave it to me....The owner is a hardcore, (proper) old skool cyclist he also owns a Trek with 105 kit and a full Carbon Scott too.

FD8AA19F-011C-463F-B5C3-8548D50BE262-5785-00000B226003FAE5.jpg

I was in dis-believe! Said it looks like you just dragged it out the canal....He removed the saddle cos his missus wanted to keep it

989A83E6-7594-4B1D-B215-406517038C8C-5785-00000B225559945C.jpg

The chain snapped on his way over and he had to scoot it for over a mile :shock:

E4FC1E62-8662-4D7B-9B05-A9D99949B795-5785-00000B224A5D4AC3.jpg

There's a Puch badge under there somewhere

BF4982AF-A79F-4060-8616-BFE5015223E0-5785-00000B223BDF3E42.jpg

His done a few miles, the sprocket is nearly round :shock: :shock:

"His done a few miles, the sprocket is nearly round"

You're not kidding! I've never seen that much wear in my life!

Drop bars, DA group, oh and a little clean and it will be fine!!

Um, had to edit this - you need a seat too!!

Woz":3v9jldnc said:

Me either! I'm amazed the chain took at all, must have just been friction. Reminds me of those old metal jockey wheels you used to get....

Hmm, now what to do with it. Logic says leave it but heart tells me save it (kinda). I don't think it'll be seeing DA or drops though :)

Woz":2lqvb8qf said:

+1. Shane Macgowan has teeth in better nick than that! ;)

David

It's done extremely well to survive the treatment it's had, I think it deserves some TLC. A good clean and service, and a new sprocket obviously, would probably see it in quite a usable state.

Also, I've just noticed it looks a bit like the one in your avatar, so you have to save it. :D

Tel,

Have you still your big tub of Autosol? Perhaps it might be time to order another one!!

richad

Ha! Yes I think that is on eBay considered it for a bit but I really don't think people round here would "get it".

Had a look at the bike today, frame and fork is rusty, mudguards are very rusty, some but not all of the chrome is too far gone. The stem is that odd Raleigh Twenty size which means that the bb is probably that odd size too....

I did rob the gear shifter off it today though so that was good.

I won't be chucking it I know that. Might get it powder coated and slowly rebuild it when I'm quiet. I dunno :?

Old bikes, like old cars (and most machines) get into a groove, and as long as nothing interrupt the equilibrium can run for years with parts that are so worn that they should not work. But change one part and the whole thing goes to pieces. Just part of the fun i assume.

Back