My closest shave........one for car geeks really!....

I just wish digital cameras were around when i was at the peak of my car tuning days - cant find any pics :facepalm:

An XE, a sight I never get tired of :cool:

Here is my old car, not quite as retro as your Nova but not to shabby!

I built this after 8 Nova's!

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

This was my last Retro project, fancied something different, not british i am afraid and not amazingly quick
but fun fun fun.

Honda Civic 1.4 Twin carbed, full custom exhaust, konis/eibachs, imported camshaft from the states, no power under 6500 then all hell broke loose :twisted:

P9100246.jpg

feetabix":1udz20nd said:
.......roll on to the next weekend.......this time my dad was in the passenger seat, and knowing his lack of confidence in cars, I repeated the route but at a nice sedate 60mph.......in the layby at the end of the road, tucked into the bushes, 6.45 am, deserted road, was a speed camera!!.....the week before had it been there I would have ended up sewing mail bags!!..... :shock: .......I still shiver!.....I sold the car not long after......told everyone it was the sensible thing to do, knowing inside it had to go!.....

Sounds like the close shave was for any family that did not pull out onto that road expecting normal speed traffic the week before.

Ian W":avzeynko said:
An XE, a sight I never get tired of :cool:

Oh how refreshing, you called it an XE, and not a 'redtop' i think i love you :LOL:

Like the look of your corsa, subtle changes over what the factory did, my kind of modifying, good work dude :mrgreen:

widowmaker":25bsnebl said:
This was my last Retro project, fancied something different, not british i am afraid and not amazingly quick
but fun fun fun.

Honda Civic 1.4 Twin carbed, full custom exhaust, konis/eibachs, imported camshaft from the states, no power under 6500 then all hell broke loose :twisted:

P9100246.jpg

I had a CRX that I bought from a guy who'd "had a bit of work done" to it. More power than a Golf GTi but about 400Kg lighter. Terrified a lot of mates with that car. And then had to sell it to pay a tax bill. Bizarrely I replaced it with a 1968 Austin 1300. Nowhere near as much fun.

widowmaker":1scho4us said:
CRX's are underated car for sure, and very light and revy :cool:

Getting thin on the ground too :cry:

Even back then it took ages to find one, a dealer I spoke to said that most of the went to friends of the owners when they sold them.

Then they made the one that looked like a mid engined hairdressers car. Sad times.

Back