Beast of the East

utahdog2003":1d0mtxji said:
Kaiser, you asked me a while mack wha tsize tire I'm using...The CSTs are 2.0s and I remember back in the college days with my original Beast using Panaracer Smokes (2.1? 2.2? Pretty wide anyway) and there was quite a bit of room. I have some Z-Max's that are 2.35 I think, and they would fit.

Got some IRC's from andy.l coming and their 2.25's. Looking for a chunky look. BTW read the EWR thread and I'm smitten, thats another to the lottery list :D

kaiser":23l58h24 said:
utahdog2003":23l58h24 said:
Kaiser, you asked me a while mack wha tsize tire I'm using...The CSTs are 2.0s and I remember back in the college days with my original Beast using Panaracer Smokes (2.1? 2.2? Pretty wide anyway) and there was quite a bit of room. I have some Z-Max's that are 2.35 I think, and they would fit.

Got some IRC's from andy.l coming and their 2.25's. Looking for a chunky look. BTW read the EWR thread and I'm smitten, thats another to the lottery list :D

You can't go wrong with either a first generation frame like my white bike, with steep angles and a high bottom bracket, or the new gen in blue, with a more traditional bb height and slacker angles, but a longer top-tube and shorter stem setup. Both the old and the new are very aggressive bikes and reward the rider who can really toss them around. If you're the kind of rider who manipulates the trail to put you exactly where you want to be, rather than the type of rider who just tries to survive a trail unscathed, then an EWR is for you. If you see a trail as a combination of multiple options for line choice, and can calculate and execute,on the fly, the path of most entertainment rather than least resistance, then an EWR is for you.

Basically, if you've ever given yourself stitches, then gone back out to try that line again, an EWR is for you. :LOL:

dog yours looks amazing , its got me all going to do mine, ive only had it a few days, and still not sure what im going to do with it, as my main rider is my 95 kilauea, but i rode this off road and it was sweet, although the forks are going of mine, there pants off road, they bottom out, :?

lots to do here ;)
konakilauea017.jpg

Latest posts

Back