Free hubs on Hope hubs

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Just got myself a really nice pair of hope hubbed wheels but I was just wondering what 7 speed free hub I could use with a hyperglide cassette.

Sorry for the silly question, but can I just use a Shimano one or does it have to be specific to the hubs?

Thanks,
Gio

hope freehubs are hope specific. You can get a spacer to run a 7 speed cassette on the 8/9 speed body

Right, done a bit more research into the hub and it needs a screw on block rather than a free hub.

At least I know what to look for now! :?

Better than rocking horse poo :D maybe!

Thank you, that's really helpful.

I'll have a look on the site and see what I can find.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Pyro Tim":1c29fl34 said:

But he hadn't mentioned that till after your post :? Ah mind reading :D
Freewheels are easy enough to come by, SJS, Wiggle and a quick search on google should bring 7/8/9 speeds in all sorts of sizes, even 11tooth ones.

Anyway documents here, ignore the picture it's wrong and not the screw on, it's their singlespeed hub iirc.
http://www.hopetech.com/page.aspx?itemID=SPG172

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back