Beast of the East

beast of the east M800

I'm converting my old M800 into single speed, i'm repalacing those dodgy lookin bommers with the old pepperonis, converting the stem into ahead with 80mm stem and a set of riser bars, i've got a few other things i'm doing to it such as tiers and brakes, sould be done by next week. i cant wait should be a new lees of life for the old girl!

Attachments

• m800size3half.jpg
    m800size3half.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,276
put this bomber out !
There's nothing to do on this bike, it don't respect the geometry (too long) ;)

bombs away

dont worry bombers are gone! this bike has been sitting in my shed for the last few years, i never liked those bombers. i used this bike as my main bike from 92 till 05. the bombers were the final straw, used it for 6 monthes then brought a compleat new bike. i aways loved the bike untill then. i've had a full suss giant anthem for two years then i decided to go hard tail and have just got a carbon Sworks wich is sweet, going back to hardtail after a full suss made me think sod it lets go full ridgid again and bring the beast back from retirment but singlespeed for the new millenium! i'll keep you posted.

Close-up of the Beast of the East logo! The white-ish is actually bright yellow but washed out by the flash. Enjoy!

Attachments

• beast.JPG
    beast.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,241
what do you think of the high bb? i bet the beast of the east is the fastest mtb you have ever ridden, i've not found a better bike in 16 years!

farm":3ctebpda said:
what do you think of the high bb? i bet the beast of the east is the fastest mtb you have ever ridden, i've not found a better bike in 16 years!

My Beast is a fun bike, but my EWR Original Woods is a faster bike with a similar high botom bracket and steeper angles.

Attachments

• IMG_1886.jpg
    IMG_1886.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,199
That EWR is really really nice, anymore pics info?

Kaiser, you asked me a while mack wha tsize tire I'm using...The CSTs are 2.0s and I remember back in the college days with my original Beast using Panaracer Smokes (2.1? 2.2? Pretty wide anyway) and there was quite a bit of room. I have some Z-Max's that are 2.35 I think, and they would fit.

Back