2013 Six Nations slanging match thread.

Grannygrinder":xdga2fs2 said:
As an englishman i shouldn't say this really but, the welsh fans in The Millenium Stadium, in full voice, doing the national athem is one of the most moving things i have ever witnessed :shock:

Awww, we're having a right love-in here!

Here's the anthem video I took from the 2012 Wales/Scotland game. I've also got a video of the anthem from the France game but this one gives a better impression of the noise and the awesomeness that is the Millennium Stadium on match day ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i29_3oB ... ata_player

If England win by any amount, they win the championship and take the Grand Slam (their first since 2003).
If England lose by LESS THAN 7 POINTS, they will still win the championship, but not the Grand Slam.
If Wales win by 8 points, Wales win the championship.
If Wales win by 7 points, and stay ahead in tries scored (currently 7-5 to Wales), Wales win the championship.

So, predictions for tomorrow then?

I think Wales will edge it. Obviously I'm biased, but here are the facts:

- Wales have had an extra day to train leading up to the match.
- Wales have been able to train in their own facility at the Vale Hotel.
- Wales have the home advantage.
- Wales are arguably more confident going in to the match, given the 3 points above and given the fact that they didn't have a shocker of a last match against Italy ;)

Howley has pulled what I think is quite a clever move in that he's put Gethin Jenkins as Captain. This gives Warbs the chance to concentrate on training, without the added pressures of media committments. If Sam can get back to anything like his World Cup form tomorrow, then he will cause a lot of problems for the England team in the breakdown.

Neither Wales nor England can afford to give away penalties, given the fact that they have Halfpenny and Floody kicking for the respective teams. Concede a penalty within the kicker's range (which for Halfpenny is back past the halfway line!) and it's almost a 3-point certainty. This match could easily be won on kicks alone, which would be a shame IMO.

Will Wales win by 7 or 8 points? I'm not so sure... I still think that there's a very strong possibility that England will lift the trophy, just perhaps not the Grand Slam.

COME ON WALES - Quick ball, don't kick away possession and if you do, CHASE IT! RUN IT from your own 5 metre line, feed off the crowd (we'll never boo you unlike some!), believe in yourself. WE CAN DO THIS!

I absolutely cannot wait until tomorrow. Cardiff is the best place in the World on match day, and even better when Wales take on England with a sniff of winning the championship.

Best of luck to England - here's hoping that we have a brilliant match, regardless of the result :D

I'll be in The Old Arcade from 12 noon - if anyone else is in town for the game, pop in and say hello. I might even buy you a pint, even if you're in a White shirt! ;)

And yes, given my confidence in the Wales team, I FULLY expect a big p**s take if Wales lose tomorrow!

But I don't care. ;)

Barney's been hitting the Brains a little too hard I think, you're going down Taffy!!!

England will edge it by a handful of points... It's either going to be an amazing end to end game or boring and overly defensive, either way, I'll be in the pub!

I'm not even going to attempt to predict it. I think it all comes down to which Wales turn up on the day in terms of mental attitude. If they are too pumped up before the game it will work against them.

I will say that the England forwards are starting to shape up into a very good outfit in open play. However they atill suffer from the age old problem of lack of imagination in the backs. Twelvetrees could be a big player if he is selected. And I think Chris Ashton looks like a shadow of his best form.

rosstheboss":1e544qst said:
Barney's been hitting the Brains a little too hard I think, you're going down Taffy!!!

England will edge it by a handful of points... It's either going to be an amazing end to end game or boring and overly defensive, either way, I'll be in the pub!

I'll be hitting it hard tomorrow, that's for certain ;)

10 of the England team haven't played at the Millennium Stadium yet, let alone played there under the added pressure of trying to secure both the Championship as well as their first Grand Slam for 10 years. It's good (and bad from a Wales point of view!) to see Farrell back in the England team - he's a quality player.

If I haven't lost my voice by the end of the match, I'll be disappointed! I'll be joining in with the rest of the Welsh fans to silence the English as soon as they start warbling Swing Low..!

I thought this might interest some of you (regardless of whether you'll be supporting Wales or not).

Paddy Power are offering 5/1 to new customers on Wales to beat England BY ANY MARGIN tomorrow.

Those are some seriously good odds. Like I said, regardless of who you actually want to win, that could be a flutter worth having!

I'm not condoning betting or gambling at all. However, if anyone is interested, head on over to the WRU website (www.wru.co.uk).

It might pay for your beer money ;)

Me and my son will be 2 black shirted englishmen in a sea of red tomorrow :D
Really looking forward to it :D
If it turns into a 'who can kick the most penalties' kind of a game, which i hope it doesn't, you don't have a hope Mr Ballbags :LOL: :LOL:
My solitary prediction is Jamie Roberts to get binned in the first 20 minutes ;)

Back