2013 Six Nations slanging match thread.

Crikey, France certainly look a much better side yesterday, apparently playing players in their correct position is worth doing! Wales were lucky to not have at least one more try scored against them, if they play a first half like that against us it certainly won't be 3 point lead going into the break! And Scotland.....blimey!!!

Well well well...

What a difference a fortnight makes.

England were piss poor against Italy today. Before today, England AVERAGED 42 points a game against them. Today it looked as if Italy were going to win it.

Wales now just need to beat the Saes by 8 points next weekend in order to win the tournament. That is definitely doable.

England need to up their game or Wales are going to hand them their arses on a plate.

And, if nothing else today, we learnt a new word thanks to John "let's talk about England" Inverdale:

"One thousand and oneth"... Yes, he actually said that on live tv.

England were poor today.
But on the flip side we rested a few key players.
I'm going to go on the West mids road ride social and try and ignore it :LOL:

Expect a very long post when we lift the Gland Slam though :D
I can see the tears flowing out of the door of the Prince of Wales already :LOL: :LOL:

Ps. Warburton was awesome yesterday ;)

There won't be any tears, provided its a good, fair match.

Wales have won the Grand Slam 3 times since 2005. England haven't won it once. Maybe its time they had a turn.

Or maybe not. We shall see next weekend ;)

Yep, England were crap, compounded by a strong Italy too. It was very surprising seeing our pack getting bossed at the start of the second half, although it certainly seemed to set a precedent!

Get rid of Ashton and Flood, they are getting picked on former glories now, I thought they were supposed to have stopped doing that when they got rid of Martin Johnson??

Strettle, Foden and Twelvetrees all need to start

Flood...........I always get nervous when he comes on, a few short breaks and he's back to kicking to their full back again and again, so dull and pointless too

The only upside to this is going into next weeks game being pissed off after a crap performance should wake them up, if they weren't aware of the importance of the game already!!! It's going to be a hell of a game...

I think/hope the Italy game was the last chance saloon for Ashton. His tackling was poor at the weekend and if he isn't going to do anything else he needs to be getting that area of his game right everytime.
+1 for Stettle and Twelvetrees, not so sure about Foden though ;)
Danny Care didn't inspire much confidence either :roll:

I hope Master Farrel is 100% for this weekend or we could get turned over :shock:

Owen Farrel is bloody immense.

Coming from a Welshman that's praise indeed ;) ...

And do you know what the best thing about Cardiff next weekend will be? Even though its one of the biggest rivalries in rugby, you'll see both sets of fans having a pint together both before and after the game, whatever the outcome.

Tell that to a wendyball fan who has never been to a game of rugby and they'd laugh in your face.

As an englishman i shouldn't say this really but, the welsh fans in The Millenium Stadium, in full voice, doing the national athem is one of the most moving things i have ever witnessed :shock:

Grannygrinder":3bbh6e3o said:
As an englishman i shouldn't say this really but, the welsh fans in The Millenium Stadium, in full voice, doing the national athem is one of the most moving things i have ever witnessed :shock:

Been to the Rugby at the Millenium stadium probably twenty times ( part of my old job) and the atmosphere is amazing, great day to be in Cardiff. Looking forward to watching this on the weekend, everything crossed!

Back