West Midland Rides 2013

Can you point me towards the specifics for the rides? Bit of a Luddite. Got an ipad for Xmas and am still fighting with it! I remember queuing up to put my punched cards through the big machine in the corner of the classroom.......

The Hstory Man":1wnr6jm0 said:
Can you point me towards the specifics for the rides? Bit of a Luddite. Got an ipad for Xmas and am still fighting with it! I remember queuing up to put my punched cards through the big machine in the corner of the classroom.......

If you look on page 1 of this thread, you will see a list of the 2013 rides. Some of them will have a link to the ride thread, these will have the information such as dates, meeting times and places. If you would like more info post up in the thread or pm the organiser. Hope that helps. :cool:

With notable exceptions, we are all slow, it's just that some of us are slower than others.

I started riding with the West Mids group last year, as an unfit 50 something returnee to riding. You would be hard pressed to find a more friendly bunch of folk.

Have not ridden for years but was noodling on the dreaded eBay and picked up a bike as below. Have fixed it up over e last week and am a bit wary as pretty unfit! Lets hope the weather holds up. Snow while walking the dogs at lunchtime above winchcombe.

The Hstory Man":2breol7f said:
Have not ridden for years but was noodling on the dreaded eBay and picked up a bike as below. Have fixed it up over e last week and am a bit wary as pretty unfit! Lets hope the weather holds up. Snow while walking the dogs at lunchtime above winchcombe.

If you get into the swing of riding, it won't take long before your concerns will dwindle. Chucking it down with snow here now.

fluroforks":2ekwcodd said:
Any updates for whats going on in later this month or september?

I have dropped James a note for available dates coming up to get something in the diary :D

Welcome by the way :D

Can I attend these rides on a fairly bog standard Dyna Tech? I am new to all this and don't have funds to buy a nice bike, I'm getting a Raleigh Pulsar that been well looked after next week too, I'd love to come along and meet some new peeps but I dont want to be laughed off my bike lol, or feellike the poor relation compared to all the rest of you on your beautiful machines...

Back