The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alpine Xross (aka AlpineStars Cross)

Long ago, I traded my road bike for an Alpine Xross for commuting. But I've been riding road bikes and want sell the Alpinestars Xross. It's not the Cro-Mega. It has a curved seat tube and elliptical chain rings; closest pic I could find is the link below. Looks like only the chromoly fork and frame are original factory. It would definitely need a new paint job and cleaning since I commuted on it and the original owner put stickers so it wouldn't get stolen in San Francisco. :( Any ideas on a reasonable price?

scan0019.jpg

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq25 ... an0019.jpg

Bontrager Race OR - Price???

Hi Guys,

I'm reluctantly looking at selling my Bonty. Bought new from Jez at Global fridge around 1994. Its powder coated orange and around 17'' frame.
Condition is original, used but good. There are a few scuffs and usual minimal cable rub as tough powder coating worked well. There are NO dents whatsoever
and was used for normal XC riding. The forks are custom Tim Flooks built Rock Shox Mag21 SL Titanium with custom black Bontrager crown which gave them the Bontrager geometry.
Other bits include Bontrager stem and Reynilds straight 853 bars, White Industries front hub, cook Bros dog bone cranks, control tech seat post and XT components etc...

Anyone with any ideas on price would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Andy.

Re: Alpine Xross (aka AlpineStars Cross)

prush":2axb1c8d said:
Long ago, I traded my road bike for an Alpine Xross for commuting. But I've been riding road bikes and want sell the Alpinestars Xross. It's not the Cro-Mega. It has a curved seat tube and elliptical chain rings; closest pic I could find is the link below. Looks like only the chromoly fork and frame are original factory. It would definitely need a new paint job and cleaning since I commuted on it and the original owner put stickers so it wouldn't get stolen in San Francisco. :( Any ideas on a reasonable price?

scan0019.jpg

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq25 ... an0019.jpg

The non-e stay alpinestars go for poor money generally. Yours is hard to tell without pics of how bad paint is. Love to see a pic. What is the year on it if not original? Price depends on above really. Are you in US?

Another for "The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thr

Ladies & Gents,

I'm thinking about selling my Proflex 857 Frame and forks, will come with

• Carbon Cross Link Forks with Risse Air Shock
    Carbon Rear Swing Arm with Risse Air Shock
    Woodman Cartridge Ahead-set
    Hope Seat Clamp
    Easton EA30 Stem
    Seal Kit for swing arm

The Air shocks and ahead-set are 2 years old, and the frame was powder coated Orange December 2011

I'm not 100% how much to ask for it, so thought I'd ask here before I decide for certain to sell

fin1.JPG

Cheers

retrobikeguy":2x8gajm3 said:
Got a pretty original 1988 rockhopper comp, maybe a tad too large for me, all original deore with the exception of the M730 rear mech & tyres, no saddle or seatpost at the moment.

old picture but imagine no bar ends, guards or rack

give me an idea

DSC00532.jpg

There are a lot of U-brake purists around here and nothing captures the period better than the De-Nucci green Rockhopper Comp (I have one too, check bottom links). If paint is good and all parts are original then you should be looking at £120+, if not then around £80. Mine was £14.

$T2eC16FHJHYE9nzpcC2,BRPPsw10IQ~~60_85.JPG

$T2eC16NHJG!E9nm3o)rwBRPPs3cEL!~~60_85.JPG

A single NOS Tioga Psycho. I could sell it or I could keep it and try to find the other one to make a pair.
In either case: what's it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back