MOTOR CHAT

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
RobMac":238od75u said:
Jesus it rough an'all, £822 so far :shock:

It'll be a bit like yerself, it'll scrub up fine.
e14565.gif

Almost bought a cheap car on Friday, 97 Citroen ZX, full year Mot, good nick, 50k on the the clock and they only wanted £350 for it. Called them up arranged to go out to west lothian and was the first person to view and offer asking price. But while I was on my way they'd spoken to some guy from shotts and he's on his way now. In their world it was only fair to give him first refusal as he was coming from further away (aye, by about 10 miles, he's not exactly coming from Manchester is he?). So off I went with the cash still in my pocket.

Took a punt on a very cheap motor on ebay, bit of a risk as apparently it's got an intermittent starting problem (although if it's what I think it is the fix should be pretty simple). Mrs R is getting a new car at the weekend so I just needed wee runaround as cheap as possible to sling the bikes in the back of and if she's off at her mother's or something.

$(KGrHqN,!hcFERqQ,s(-BRNTl+tGqg~~60_12.JPG

At £280 quid I reckon it's worth the risk, and I also like how totally uncool it is! Got to head to East Kilbride on Friday night to pick it up.

Yep, 205. Only 74k on it, there are a couple of dents and I suspect it won't look as nice in the flesh, but for less than £300 notes I'm not caring.

Back