Retro parts prices - Now and Then...

I feel we are in a golden period here in our little part of Internet world......the members here in the main part represent the 17ish year olds in the late 80/early 90's who are owning the kit we aspired to back then.......there is a significant risk of the bikes we ride being worth sweet fa in another 15 years...... :shock:

feetabix":3o6sa7xg said:
I feel we are in a golden period here in our little part of Internet world......the members here in the main part represent the 17ish year olds in the late 80/early 90's who are owning the kit we aspired to back then.......there is a significant risk of the bikes we ride being worth sweet fa in another 15 years...... :shock:

Yes, totally agree, I am now about to be the proud owner of one of the bikes I aspired to but couldn't afford in '97, and TBH if it's worthless in 15 years time I couldn't give a sh*t :LOL: It's all about being able to say I finally did it and owned one once before I died...

LikeClockwork":foljkgfo said:
feetabix":foljkgfo said:

Yes, totally agree, I am now about to be the proud owner of one of the bikes I aspired to but couldn't afford in '97, and TBH if it's worthless in 15 years time I couldn't give a sh*t :LOL: It's all about being able to say I finally did it and owned one once before I died...

I guess most of us have lost more on cars than bikes over the past two decades with nothing but memories left.........pound for pound I have not had a car that has given me the level of stress free enjoyment my bikes have......

feetabix":2ygourbo said:
LikeClockwork":2ygourbo said:
feetabix":2ygourbo said:

I guess most of us have lost more on cars than bikes over the past two decades with nothing but memories left.........pound for pound I have not had a car that has given me the level of stress free enjoyment my bikes have......

....although taking my midlife crisis m3 to the limiter in 4th was close!..... :shock: :roll: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

I'm just at the start of a very long drawn out mid life crisis methinks, so I shall milk it for all it's worth. Yes, bikes far less stressful and depreciative than cars!

Souped up MX5 was fun though, sounded amazing...

I have a 92 Edinburgh Bicycles cat that has the prices for a load of parts

XTR M900 Cassette £34.99 things that now folk are looking for £100+ boxed

Even the bikes were only 2 - 2.5K max back then..

LikeClockwork":wllok0rr said:
:LOL: :LOL:

I'm just at the start of a very long drawn out mid life crisis methinks, so I shall milk it for all it's worth. Yes, bikes far less stressful and depreciative than cars!

Souped up MX5 was fun though, sounded amazing...

:LOL: ......enjoy it!.....he says past his fake ray bans, nodding knowingly at a blonde who's muttering 'fu@k you grandad' under her breath...... medallion nestled in a slightly greying crop of bushy chest hair......best years you will have!.... :cool:

Back