Official recommended or not paint-shop thread.

You can tell it wasn't too thick as the DMR logos stamped into the dropouts were stil clearly visible. The logo isn't that deep even in bare metal.

I'm hunting around the house now to see what else I can powder coat.....

Lovely. The finish on the blue DMR has come out really nice and shiny and that dark silver gives me an idea. :idea: :D

I need a rear triangle stripping and a few dents filling in. Where do people recommend for a relatively quick turn around? Its just black, no special colours.

I had a company in Dartford try to powder coat these items twice and made a really bad job of them. Fortunately I got my money back and choose another company based on this thread.

My frame, forks, stem,seat post clamp and dog collar arrived back from 3 D Finishers in Coventry today. http://www.3dfinishers.co.uk/

To say I am impressed is an understatement. The finish is top notch, the coat of lacquer really helps bring out the colour. There was no need to clean any threads at all. He used a bottom bracket and headset cups and knew exactly what not to powder coat.

Dave also recorded the frame number and took photo's of the whole process. I wish I had known how good the frame looks after media blasting, I like the natural steel colour.

£35 to media blast and coat all those parts to that high a standard is going to be hard to beat.

A big thank you to Dave @ 3D Finshers for getting it right!

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 582
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 582
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 580
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 580
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 582
can anyone recommend anywhere in Edinburgh or as near as? Or if not, name any places that does the decals too? Wouldn't trust myself doing it...

Not so much a recommendation, as such but saw this green in LSN recently. very dekerf(y) but i cannot speak of true likeness etc..

just a small tip off..

Photo0075_zpse2916750.jpg

:)

Back