IBIS MOJO -- UPDATE 29/04/08

Sithlord":30d2uw7u said:
I have tried it with some judys, 63mm :roll: and I much prefer it the way it is.. no more forks , no more changing groupsets, just little fine tuning now.. it rides spot on, happy with it as is :) :)

Oh! and according to the IBIS catalogs it is designed for an 80mm fork.. :)

according to David at ibis from whom i bought my 00 mojo, it was designed for 63mm forks.
if your frame sports a canti cable stop it could not have been designed for 80mm.
your BB is raised above it's intended height.
if that's how you like it and you ride it... fine. if you want to convince yourself your specific frame was designed for a xc fork that didn't even exist at the time... why not? :cool: it's not true. but truth is overrated...

and it looks one size too big. again, if you like it and ride it... that's what counts.

Purple,

Quote from the 1st page:

''the frame is corrected for a 2.5in fork and i would not hesitate in fitting an 80mm z2 bomber up front. it will make the bike more agressive and fluid.''

The later, fitting an 80mm bomber, I already found quite odd when I read it, but you have one, so you have experienced it yourself. Now you're saying Si's Mojo shouldn't have a 80mm travel Sid. I can't follow it anymore.

Looks superb and I think risers wouldn't look out of place at all. :cool:

Thanks melv, for highlighting that quote for me,, ;)

I have had a look through the IBIS catalogs again and I can confirm that this frame according to the specs in the rear of the brochure that it is corrected for a 80mm fork :cool: ... even if it wasn't I would stick with the fork , I think it handles spot on and looks the part.. and as I already stated,, I have tried a 63mm fork on it and it feels better 'for me' with the 80mm anyway.. so case closed... :)

And risers .. yea they are a few mojo riders who have put a riser on there bike, and whilst I agree with the view it doesn't look as nice as a flat bar.. these bikes are all about riding, so if it feels better and handles better then 'sod' the aesthetics.. :) :)

IBIS MOJO

LOOKS FANTASTIC,NICE HANDJOB,MORON TUBING AS WELL I GUESS?GLAD TO SEE YOU GET IT MUDDY. :D :D

Elev12k":2jn5p4n3 said:
Purple,

Quote from the 1st page:

''the frame is corrected for a 2.5in fork and i would not hesitate in fitting an 80mm z2 bomber up front. it will make the bike more agressive and fluid.''

The later, fitting an 80mm bomber, I already found quite odd when I read it, but you have one, so you have experienced it yourself. Now you're saying Si's Mojo shouldn't have a 80mm travel Sid. I can't follow it anymore.

which yr catalogue? frames w/ a handjob are pre v brakes, judy63mm/ mag 21 era.
it's his bike.. he may like riding itw/ 80mm, 100mm whatever but made for 80mmm? it wasn 't...

mine is yr2000. no handjob. made in sonoma county for 63mm judy SL. i ride it w/80mm w/ lots of sag. the BB on mine still sits at 11.8in.
sith lord's was probably made for a 55mm mag21.
still confusing? it is but bike geometry is subtle and more complicated than xtr x suntour x anodized bits.

Sithlord":187qkh2a said:
Thanks melv, for highlighting that quote for me,, ;)

I have had a look through the IBIS catalogs again and I can confirm that this frame according to the specs in the rear of the brochure that it is corrected for a 80mm fork :cool: ... even if it wasn't I would stick with the fork , I think it handles spot on and looks the part.. and as I already stated,, I have tried a 63mm fork on it and it feels better 'for me' with the 80mm anyway.. so case closed... :)

And risers .. yea they are a few mojo riders who have put a riser on there bike, and whilst I agree with the view it doesn't look as nice as a flat bar.. these bikes are all about riding, so if it feels better and handles better then 'sod' the aesthetics.. :) :)

interesting. so you confirm this frame was made for a 80mm fork? an ibis mojo w/a handjob made in the canti era.
we should start w/production year and then see if there even was an 80mm bomber then.
this is a vintage forum so i guess this research goes well w/the spirit.
it's your bike whatever you decide to ride w/ it's right but saying it was made for an 80mm fork may be wrong.

purplewicked":2nyi5jhc said:
Elev12k":2nyi5jhc said:
Purple,

Quote from the 1st page:

which yr catalogue? frames w/ a handjob are pre v brakes, judy63mm/ mag 21 era.
it's his bike.. he may like riding itw/ 80mm, 100mm whatever but made for 80mmm? it wasn 't...

mine is yr2000. no handjob. made in sonoma county for 63mm judy SL. i ride it w/80mm w/ lots of sag. the BB on mine still sits at 11.8in.
sith lord's was probably made for a 55mm mag21.
still confusing? it is but bike geometry is subtle and more complicated than xtr x suntour x anodized bits.

Purple,

That quote is not from a catalogue, but it a quote from you. 1st page of this topic.

I never believed that Si's Mojo was designed for forks longer than Judys/63mm.

Anyway, you liked them longer and now Si does. Everybody happy it seems :D

I love the Cooks. Was trying to work out how to polish my spider, but now I am going to paint it to compliment my frame once I decide what I am going to do with it.

What are the crank caps you are using though? I need something like that

Back