SEROTTA ATX; finally finished ,....T.G.!

The frame is going to be repainted; would colour would you make the frame?

• black (onyx) with black decals with white outline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simple white with white decals with black outline

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • The original paintjob; purpe metallic with fluor yellow decals

• Slate (that is the grey one)

• Pink with blue decals

• Green with yellow decals

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Platinum with white decals

• Total voters
CTK":2oxf5cvo said:
Have you asked if disc mounts might be possible?? I would be very tempted... Original paintjob gets my vote. :cool:

i have asked but they cannot do this,.. :(
they do not have steel discmounts,...

CTK":1263yurc said:
Get some and send them! quick before the paint goes on!!

like you have been reading my mind,..do you think they would do that?,..i can atleast try,..
Any chance of an address where i can get those?

Hope do them I think. Ask Serotta if they would be willing to do the work, how much it would cost etc first because you may find its cheaper to buy a frame with disc mounts already! Maybe you could source them in the states and get them sent direct, or do you have a local framebuilder near you?
I'm pretty sure Bob Jackson gets his from Hope.

I found these from PARAGON

i have send them an email if they could help me out, and i send them the discmount.
Honestly,..i think they owe me because i had to pay 240 euro to get the frame back to the factory, which they do not want me to refund me,..although it is warranty,...

That frame is not designed for use with discbrakes. Maybe it doesn't handle the forces very well and it will crack near the dropout. Soon circulate the pics on the web again and guess who gets all the blame: Serotta. They will be fools if they helped you out. Kind fools, but fools.

Elev12k":1tto5ufb said:
That frame is not designed for use with discbrakes. Maybe it doesn't handle the forces very well and it will crack near the dropout. Soon circulate the pics on the web again and guess who gets all the blame: Serotta. They will be fools if they helped you out. Kind fools, but fools.

But i am a fool when i do not ask ;)

I went for the green :cool: looks proper retro. 1,2,3+5 look too modern, you would be as well buying a new bike with disc mounts.

Elev12k":1bn9bnus said:

They do not want to do this, as you said.
no worries.

I still do not know what paint I want; I just received an email from my new Serotta friend Russ that they want to offer me a special paint scheme because I had to make 248 euro shipping costs.
I am almost as far to tell them; surprise me! I do not know! ;)

Back