John Samways 1992 Formula One – Finished – Page 7

Re: Form Follows Function - Formula One Cycles

uno-speedo":2j0nbhlv said:
It's his training bike.

Awesum news.

I Wonder how many were laid up with more carbon, for this purpose.

:cool:

Oh... not to worry... If he does get in touch then please let's know :)

sinnerman":7gp16xwm said:
uno-speedo":7gp16xwm said:
It's his training bike.

Awesum news.

I Wonder how many were laid up with more carbon, for this purpose.

:cool:

It is great news :)

You'd imagine that they would have done it on most of the team bikes - unless they were testing processes on the training bikes

Wow, nice find, may have missed it but where on earth did you find that?

There's a few threads on here pertaining to Formula One bikes, just may take some searching, John posted up some nice BITD shots of his bikes too.

As well as John and Deb in the Team in 1992, there was Damian White in the Juniors and Jamie 'Captain Freefall' Tatlow in the Expert/Trials.

I'm a buddy of John's on Facebook, so will let him know you have his old bike

Looks awesome by the way...those forks look the biz!

Rich

That's one fabulous piece of history.

Just one thing;
The sooner that bottle cage finds its way onto a road bike, the better...

N/B":1zzbh5sn said:
That's one fabulous piece of history.

Just one thing;
The sooner that bottle cage finds its way onto a road bike, the better...

:D bottle cage has already gone...

Rich":37xjq1di said:
Wow, nice find, may have missed it but where on earth did you find that?

There's a few threads on here pertaining to Formula One bikes, just may take some searching, John posted up some nice BITD shots of his bikes too.

As well as John and Deb in the Team in 1992, there was Damian White in the Juniors and Jamie 'Captain Freefall' Tatlow in the Expert/Trials.

I'm a buddy of John's on Facebook, so will let him know you have his old bike

Looks awesome by the way...those forks look the biz!

Rich

Hi Rich,

The bike was up on eBay about 3 to 4 weeks ago now. There was quite a bit of debate about the bike - seeing that's it carbon and British - but I was lucky enough to get it

I'm going to have sit down when it's quiet and go through the threads and see if I can piece together a bit more history of the bike and of Formula as I know very little at present.

Did you know the guys back in the day?

It would be great if you could speak to John and let me know, it would definitely make my day if he posted on the thread.

Gio

Great times, yep, used to race against John in National, local MTB races and cycle cross, well, say race, he used to be a lap or so ahead :)

After racing for GA Cycles in 1990, he was sponsored by Formula One for the 1992 season, best result being 2nd in the National Finals in Broxa Forest, which his awesome video captures.

Not many of these beauties about now, one guy appeared on here having bought a Formula One from a bike shop which had been covered in brown parcel tape for 200 pounds or something silly, but never to be seen again!!!

Thanks for sharing this beauty, hope it'll be a rider for you :)

Rich

Rich":3nx6cvt7 said:
Great times, yep, used to race against John in National, local MTB races and cycle cross, well, say race, he used to be a lap or so ahead :)

After racing for GA Cycles in 1990, he was sponsored by Formula One for the 1992 season, best result being 2nd in the National Finals in Broxa Forest, which his awesome video captures.

Not many of these beauties about now, one guy appeared on here having bought a Formula One from a bike shop which had been covered in brown parcel tape for 200 pounds or something silly, but never to be seen again!!!

Thanks for sharing this beauty, hope it'll be a rider for you :)

Rich

That very cool. I wish, looking back, that I got into racing. I only did a couple of local ones in the south west but think I should have pushed myself a bit more.

Thanks for adding the info to the thread, it helps immensely.

I know Uno-speedo has one, if not two, I don't know of any others but may be some will come out of the wood work now - hopefully!

The plan is to strip it down and rebuild it with the present components and then do some gentle rides on it - but we'll see :)

isn't gt steve doing a carbon course at the momment if it's just a simple strip overlay?

Back