Peeling Mavic wheel decals

mrcpea

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,
I'm sure this has been covered before.
Is there anyway to fix peeling Wheel decals.
I've a pair of Mavic 217 sunsets of which the decals have started to peel up & are dirty underneath.
Any tips for removing the grime & sticking them back down again?

Cheers

Rich

I ripped the stickers off a pair of x317's once. then later decided I needed them back on again. but the sticker was now all creased and folded and covered in sheet at the bottom of the bin...
dipped it in boiling water for a few seconds and it straightened itself right out.. the creases completely disapear. slid it onto a board let it dry good as new. cleaned the sticky side up, (probably used meths), then reattached using double sided carpet tape. sorted.

Unclejack":38icpkm6 said:
I ripped the stickers off a pair of x317's once. then later decided I needed them back on again. but the sticker was now all creased and folded and covered in sheet at the bottom of the bin...
dipped it in boiling water for a few seconds and it straightened itself right out.. the creases completely disapear. slid it onto a board let it dry good as new. cleaned the sticky side up, (probably used meths), then reattached using double sided carpet tape. sorted.

Another top bit of advice. :D

Many thanks

mrcpea":3c5t3ugk said:
Unclejack":3c5t3ugk said:

Another top bit of advice. :D

Many thanks

The same thing happens to other parts.
I was cleaning the rear drive side seal from a bulb and popped it into thinners to help shift the crud, unfortunately this stuff is really powerful and if caused the seals you go all wrinkled
One cup of boiling water from the kettle later and they'd reformed back to their original flatness :D
I was well chuffed as i thought id damaged it beyond repair .

Back