Classic Brittish Steel Frame/Forks or even complete - small

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I almost bought a Jack Taylor frame early last year, but had to let it go due to being made redundant. Probably just as well for various reasons but anyway I keep browsing through the forum and find myself more and more attracted to building a British made machine.
Whilst I have had Australian, Italian and Belgium bikes for many years never a British machine. I am Australian but am also British and have lived here for many years so its about time I got to it.
Not after anything very flash as budget is not huge but it could be a frame and fork or even a complete machine if the price is right. I have trawled ebay regularly and check the usual sites but thought this would be a good place to start to see what honest machines are about.
Have seen a few frames/styles that I like and they vary from 60's through to late 80's/ early 90's
As mentioned not after a show type machine just a honest usuable 531 type to use for mixed riding and a bit of commuting, which is 13 country miles each way as I'm a long way from the city.
I know this is really vague, but as said, just throwing it out there to see what comes back, (probably abuse)
It needs to be around a 19 1/2 - 20 1/2 ,slightly bigger on an older frame, my Merckx and Squadra are 48cm but can do a 50cm,
Jack Taylor, Bob Jackson, Carlton, Joe Waugh, MKM, Harry Quinn, most of the Liverpool/Merseyside builders, that type of thing.

So here it goes up the flagpole :facepalm:
Help me be more British, I have the passport, I have the wife, I drink your warm beer, now I just need the bike ;)
What have you?

Jamie

Re: Classic Brittish Steel Frame/Forks or even complete - sm

Phillips roadster - gaspipe special but, importantly, FOC when we next meet up. Might be 21" though :roll:

Pics soon wee guy :xmas-big-grin:

I have a 46cm * 54cm Orbit Pro frame, if that is of any interest?

Here it is as a full bike, have just stripped it and sold the groupset.

P1000121.JPG

Thanks for the rplies so far guys, its very much appreciated.
PM's replied to.
Mr P that Phillips sounds very interesting indeed, love to see the pics.

At this piont I am still looking with details of a couple of things on their way but nothing concrete so far.
Come on guys someone must know of a 19 1/2 classic frame sitting in someones shed, hell! 19 1/2 it could be sitting in your kids dollshouse ;)

Jamie

Hi mate
Do you mean the Dura Ace AX from the other thread?
If so, they could be.....
Let me know if your interested.

Jamie

Yeah, those ones.

I was meaning are you looking to buy a frame to hang them off. Hence this thread. ;)

If I bought them then I'd have to buy a frame to hang them off. :LOL:

Oh, I see :)
I was looking for one but more looking for a frame to build up a usable classic type machine for all round duties.
So I dont think these would suite but have no qualms using them on a non time trial machine, they are nice.
I'm usually on a tight budget so use what I have and what also works. I like things to be correct and nice but everything I have is built to be ridden so need it to work first and foremost rather than look bling.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back