Best tyre lever?

+ 1 fingers & thumbs !

wreck-it-ralph.jpg

Park tool's steel levers, can even lever off a Marathon Plus, plus they're long so you can get loads of leverage.

mattr":1twyzcgh said:
Soma steel core.

They are good, but I broke one dropping it on a tiled floor (the plastic cracked on impact). The steel does not go right to the tip as they claim.

Got fed up of plastic ones bending or snapping so got some steel core ones off the bay and never had a problem since.

i snapped 2 parks removing a schwalbe city jet puncture protection tyre.

Have you seen the King cage titanium ones?

Woz":f0dz5tye said:
mattr":f0dz5tye said:
Soma steel core.

They are good, but I broke one dropping it on a tiled floor (the plastic cracked on impact). The steel does not go right to the tip as they claim.
TBH, i only have them for a) the missus to get tight tyres off and b) for when i'm in a hurry.

The only tyres I've actually HAD to use levers for in the last 25+ years were two sets of 700x33c Cross tyres, going tubelessly on to crests. That includes spannering for a team for a few years, and working in a shop while at school/uni. (and looking after far far too many of my own bikes!)

Anything else i've managed to curse and heave into place after a few minutes and a cup of tea. And with the promise of whisky afterwards!

Back