Best tyre lever?

mikee":3ryr4gu5 said:
The three quid Raleigh ones from your local bike ,law mower ,pound shop
Steel and 3 for 3 quid
Pedros and the magazine giveaways are okay for most stuff but for re-issue. Porcks on campags
You need a mans steel lever

Glad I just read this!, I broke 5 levers the other week fitting 2 black wall steel bead Porcs to Campag rims, I even broke into a sweat! I just couldn't believe how flipping tight they were! And after all that, one has a slow puncture so need to go through it again on one. I have some Park levers now so that will be a test for them!

Michelin Yellow Plastic.

If they break......you are doing it wrong. Reseat the bead inside the well and then try again.

According to my work mates 'your thumbs, Chris' :shock: , hence, at work, my nick name is 'Tyrelevers for thumbs' :LOL: . If I cant remove a tyre by hand then it has to be a steel lever. I've tried lots of plastic ones and they all failed eventually.
One of the toughest combo's I've had was a Specialized Turbo S on a Mavic MA40MB. Took 3 steel levers to get that one appart :shock: .

merckx":1luiv1wp said:
Michelin Yellow Plastic.

If they break......you are doing it wrong. Reseat the bead inside the well and then try again.

+1

Although that's not to say I've never broken any.

^^^^ thumbs ideally but some tyres can be very tight. I use blue park levers - not failed to remove a tyre yet but can be quite difficult asfor tight tyres one lever is inserted then pings out as soon as the second lever is inserted ... and this can continute for many minutes with much swearing.

Back