1999 Kona Explosif "Dynamite"

Re: Got me a dynamite kona !!

That will look good when complete, nice combi.
Bits from your Kula you say, what price the Kula frame & whatsze as I am a Kona man without a Kula. Used to have an orangy coloured one but sadly I sold it for funds to purchase a full suss dale' jekyll (since knicked) would love another.

Cheers,

Mark.

Have pm'd you mark she is 18" in truly stunning/mint original condition :)

If you wanted to go full period build on it McDonald Cycles on Morrison Street have had a set of red X-Lite bars for sale for years. They are stickered at £30 but I'm sure they would do you a deal as they've had them since I've been going in.

Tazio":383cdcci said:
If you wanted to go full period build on it McDonald Cycles on Morrison Street have had a set of red X-Lite bars for sale for years. They are stickered at £30 but I'm sure they would do you a deal as they've had them since I've been going in.

Love the sweep/look of these bars and keen to have wee modern twist with
The o/s steering :cool:

Wee update now rolling chassis the xtr bits I needed have arrived and have a flite titanium on way to complete..

Untitled by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Thoughts good and bad welcome :cool:

Loving it apart from the bars/stem combo. Just looks a bit hefty compared to the thin frame tubing.

They had 31.8 handlebars by 1992, so it could be period correct.
However I tend to agree that it's a bit much when compared to the rest of the bike. The frame is rather thin, so that handlebar does look enormous indeed.
Then again, when the levers etc are attached, it may look more balanced. It's your bike and you can see it in the flesh, so you might have a better idea of what it'll become.

Thanks for input/info guys :cool: Think the nakedness of bars and camera angle exacerbate the fatness of bars :LOL:

Not as bad in the flesh will know once all together :cool:

Back