Sunn Maxe team replica 1995

korbenn

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I always had a crush on Sunn bikes since I started to throw myself into mountain bikes world.
this one has been one of my "dream bikes" when I was 16.
but I wasn't really into 90's MTB anymore since early 2000, but a friend of mine gave me back the virus after an australian trip where he litterally discovered mountain bike and told me about it with shining crystals in his eyes.
then, I found a french forum dedicated to sunn brand, another one, then retrobike etc etc etc

I spent a lot of time hanging around into member's gallery, and step by step the idea of building this dream bike grew up in my mind.
starting point of this build is a fork, the sunn chaos XC

my holy graal when I was young :D

but a fork alone doesn't make a dream bike, then I saw a picture of gilles sanders in the 95' catalog a few years ago.

full XTR M900, too classy for me, specially when I saw this picture of ludovic dubau

I felt in love with red tri align, they match so well with the frame colour !

took me a while to collect parts, to sand the frame and respray it, specially when I took a one year break in australia :D
everything was at my parent's place, while I was far away, even when I came back to france I was 1300 km far :facepalm:

but I went to visit my family for christmas, during short 4 days.
I kept half a day to build the whole bike ....
...and I did it :xmas-wink:

it is almost as I wanted it to be

to be perfect I need decals, 117 ceramic instead of 121's, and a pair of red skewers ;)

hope you'll enjoy

Re: Sunn team replica 1995

very lovely, great bike - looking forward to see it with decals :D

Re: Sunn team replica 1995

That's very nice mate. Like the colour and the wheel/tyre combo.

Great work Seb! Its going to be absolutely stunning with the decals. What is the frame? Maxe? And how does Chaos compare with an Obsys carbon?

Latest posts

Back