Muddy Fox Newbie - Finally Finished Fiddling with thanks.

Re: Be gentle with me! Muddyfox newbie

Saw that and was tempted to have a bid myself, went for a bargain price iirc.

Carl

Yes, and I got it second time around as the winner was too small for it! I had been chatting to the seller about the bike during the auction. What does iirc stand for?

Iirc - net slang for if I remember correctly. How does it ride for an early full sus?

MF were starting to turn out some real crap by then but this looks alright.

Carl

Don't have anything to compare it to. Was concentrating on gearing etc as just assembled after stripping for a good clean. Felt fine though

Review will enlarge if you click it...

Attachments

• MuddyFox1997Range.jpg
    MuddyFox1997Range.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,174
  • MuddyFox1997RockNRollTeam.jpg
    MuddyFox1997RockNRollTeam.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1,174

Thanks for that. Looking at the review it still had the original tyres! I think I will get a shock pump and beef up if it will take it. Other than that, not sure if I need to do anything else other than ride it.

Well it all started like this..........
My son went to Uni in september and called me last month up to ask if i still had my old Univega MTB (1992 high spec light and lovely) in the shed. Funny how he only calls when he wants something. He was fed up of catching the bus and wanted to ride in. Well to cut a long story... ended up buying him a cheap MTB via ebay and having it dropped round to him by a very nice guy in leicester. In the process came across the bike i bought after chatting online to the owner and picking it up.
So my son and wife think i'm mad but getting on it, even for the short distance ridden so far, was the most fun i've had since selling my last motorbike about ten years ago.

Hooked. Don't want anything flash. This will suit me fine. Just bought a shock pump and hopefully the rear Alps 5R will stand the pressure if not will send it for a rebuild. Other than that and a pair of DMR V8 pedals that will be sprayed to match the forks, and a more comfortable WTB saddle that are also on their way, I shall leave it as is. Subject to any suggestions readers may have.............
If there are any :)

The Hstory Man":1qhrt560 said:
Don't want anything flash.

It is pretty flash really, best part of £2k in 1997 would probably see it competing with £2.5k bikes these days, so while not as shouty as a Klein, the suspension design is solid and still used by lots of companies today and the parts are all good quality.

Carl.

WTB speed v saddle came today as did shock pump. Saddle is a massive improvement and combined with pumping up the rear shock to 225ish psi (was 150) bike feel far more solid and comfortable at the same time. Managed about 6 miles today. The uphill bits really let me know how unfit I am so will have to work hard before riding out on a west mods group ride. Unless they like walking the steep bits!

Also had to contend with Cheltenham races traffic on the road sections. Chelsea tractors abound.

Last 1/2 mile section back to winchcombe is 17% downhill. (Corndean lane) Not exaggerating, they close it in winter. Eyes on stalks hoping brakes were assembled properly. Hit ice at bottom, new trousers please.

Lets you know you're alive.

Still waiting for the dmr pedals.........

Thanks to all who have made me welcome on the site

Back