John Samways 1992 Formula One – Finished – Page 7

Re: Form Follows Function

Ok, thanks guys. Wish I spotted that before :oops:

Let me have a think about what to do...

It does look like the join in the mold rather than a crack.

I'll have to take some expert advice and see if there is actually anything wrong with it or if its part of the manufacturing process (being very hopeful there!).

:cry:

If not ill offer a fiver for it
Just to ease the pain you understand :)

OH MY GOD....................................................... :shock:

Is that NOT John Samways Actual Training bike........? Giving to him through his sponsorship deal...?... :cool:

(I would have no issue with that frame, i see nothing there that i wouldnt expect to see on a Monocoque designed frame of this era. I have a little experience with Carbon, from my days with the carbon D/H guards, and this is something i can help with, put it from your mind, it isnt an issue, i know a firm)

F1.........0012a

Im pretty sure thats John Samways training bike, it was laid up with more carbon wasnt it.

If im right, that is one very Special Carbon bike, thats for sure.

Im speechless.

All bow to the sinnerman

Font of so much knowledge

Respec (t)

Not only is it possibly one of the earliest (if not the earliest) performance Carbon race chassis"s Made here in the UK.....it might even have been the training chassis.

I am dumbstruck, and it looks almost all original and spec correct save for the wheels.... :shock: :cool:

Isnt John a member here...?

sinnerman":2m078mss said:
OH MY GOD....................................................... :shock:

Is that NOT John Samways Actual Training bike........? Giving to him through his sponsorship deal...?... :cool:

(I would have no issue with that frame, i see nothing there that i wouldnt expect to see on a Monocoque designed frame of this era. I have a little experience with Carbon, from my days with the carbon D/H guards, and this is something i can help with, put it from your mind, it isnt an issue, i know a firm)

F1.........0012a

Im pretty sure thats John Samways training bike, it was laid up with more carbon wasnt it.

If im right, that is one very Special Carbon bike, thats for sure.

Im speechless.

Wow :eek: :shock: really. How on earth!!!

How cool is that if its true - I never expected that. Thanks Carl :cool:

Great research skills. Is the info online anywhere?

Right, better get on YouTube and see if there are any videos of John.

Thanks for the info about the frame too, you definitely put my mind at rest :) I can send you a hi-res image in the morning if you want a closer look.

It would be cool if he is a member here? We might be able to find out the complete history of the bike.

Very cool :cool: and very exciting

Im sure hes a member, Uno speedo might know hes your man really when it comes to Formula history.

More often that not he used to pip me to the post.

Mate i would really be made up for you if it is his Original chassis. I cant really get over how good the condition really is, and with the matching Carbon fork too.... :shock:

F1....0012a....whats the chances of that.... :cool:

Given that its.... what.....? 22 Years old i reckon its in stunning condition, and has stood the test of time exceptionally well, looks like our friends at DPS composites really did know how to add the extra carbon in the right places.

What a BIKE.... :cool:

And sure send over the pics, its not a problem as i say, but please send the most important bit.....The frame number. And PLEASE if you know where the matching road bike is.....please share it, it was my size....? :mrgreen:

Back