Kona Explosif 1999

markwashington

Senior Retro Guru
This is a project I've just obtained from here, while I didn't really "need" another bike, it was too good of an opportunity to pass up! I was initially going to leave the frame for a while and accrue parts on a long term basis, but after I consulted the original spec list:

http://www.klassickona.com/oldgold/99bi ... einfo.html

I realised that I had almost everything to go already, so could build a complete bike in pretty quick time. I'll be stripping the bike with the parts I need this coming weekend hopefully and then I'll be ready to go. I have been looking for some red forks to go on the front, but appear to be missing out constantly, so I'll have to make do with black for the time being, the stem is a bit long too, but it's a Kona one, so it'll stay with the bike until I find something I prefer. All comments greatly received and and red fork suggestions equally so!

I'd say sorry for the quality of the photo and blame my mobile, but in reality I'm just a rubbish photographer :D

Attachments

• IMAG0239.jpg
    IMAG0239.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 2,301
if you manage to find the forks youre' after and need to move the SIDs on, i might help you move them ;)

Bit of an update, although still not fully built, I have obtained some build correct forks for the frame. They're 1999 Z2 Atom Bomb, while they aren't the lightest forks I've ever seen, they will be perfect with the frame. in light of the fact that I've now got the correct forks, I'm going to try and build the bike up as close to catalog spec as possible. I have most parts, but I'm just waiting to get a decent headset and seatpost. Anyway, here are the forks:

Attachments

• IMAG0336.jpg
    IMAG0336.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,944
Looks cool i had thought of building mine to catalogue but my cindercone is and I get impatient waiting ages :roll: So mine should be finished couple of weeks hopefully :)

Looking forward to updates .. Mine here viewtopic.php?f=21&t=245503

Back