Canyon bikes

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone bought one? I've read some of the warranty complaints stuff but in equal measure I've heard of good dealings. I'd be nice to hear from someone on here who has done some business with them :)

General opinions on the bikes are welcome too :)

I've not got one but they seem like mega value. Have also heard about dodgy customer service but it always seems to get resolved in the end.

Heard loads of people say they like/love the ride but don't think I've heard anyone say they didn't like the ride. For some reason I still wouldn't buy one though :?

I bought one last year.
The bike was 6 weeks late arriving, and then it arrived with brakes that hardly worked. I contacted Canyon and they said I could take it to my LBS and they'd cover repair costs up to £20.
The LBS couldn't work out what was wrong so Canyon asked me to send the bike back to them.
This meant more time off of work to be around for collection/re-delivery so I told them to just refund me.
As has been said, for value they're hard to beat. If you look at the prices, you're really getting the frames for free!
I just couldn't be bothered with the messing around, so went and bought something I could swing a leg over before parting with the money.

That said, I would consider buying from them again, but I'd have lower expectations

Hope this helps!

Could these just be classed as generic ? Pumped out on the back of the recent positive British cycling events ,Olympics,TDF etc :?
Admittedly theres nothing special about the groupset other than seeing slx on a £650-£700 bike is pretty good but other things like the brakes let it down.Elixer 1's even up to the start of the higher spec. Its only when you go over a grand do they offer you something else........Elixer 3's .Is that a joke?
Wheels arent too bad a deal for this money :?
Possibly the way of Boardman with slightly upgraded parts to help them sell.

IMHO the lower end bikes make for the better deals

A friend of mine has had one for just over a year now (don't ask me which model - it's a lime green full susser!).

He absolutely loves it and hasn't had a problem with it. He's a MTB guide and is out on it virtually every day so it gets plenty of use too.

Cheers everybody, I was sooo close to going for one then plumped for another bargain that came along. What I'm picking up is that owners are pretty much unanimously happy with theirs, not just a bargain but a decent rider to boot.

Latest posts

Back