Marin Nail Trial Splatter Single Speed Shopper...

Spibblo

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
1993 Nail Trail.

Built this up out of vinegar and brown paper and sweepings from the garage floor- only had to buy the bankrupt stock brakes and levers and a chain tensioner.

Could do with changing the saddle for orange/yellow one if you have anything...

Funky yes?

Attachments

• DSC_2077.JPG
    DSC_2077.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 502
  • DSC_2074.JPG
    DSC_2074.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 502
  • DSC_2076 (536x800) (429x640).jpg
    DSC_2076 (536x800) (429x640).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 502
Hey spibblo, nice bold build :)

What are those brake levers like? i was looking at them but the pics weren't very close-up.

Gruff":nw4hzzfc said:

What are those brake levers like? i was looking at them but the pics weren't very close-up.

cheers

The levers are a bit crap. I think the bodies are entirely plastic. There's no slot for easy cable access, you have to pull the adjusters out and push the cable thru the hole. Look a bit cheap close up too.
Still, they were cheap which is what I wanted and look ok from a distance...they'll do for my happy shopper/tow path warrior :)

Like :D

love the paintjob (but then I would be biased as my muirwoods is very similar :LOL: )

but that is a seriously nice bike you have there.

Spibblo":3g81gb82 said:
Gruff":3g81gb82 said:

cheers

The levers are a bit crap. I think the bodies are entirely plastic. There's no slot for easy cable access, you have to pull the adjusters out and push the cable thru the hole. Look a bit cheap close up too.
Still, they were cheap which is what I wanted and look ok from a distance...they'll do for my happy shopper/tow path warrior :)

Thanks for that.
I was only interested as they are orange. I'll stick with my Avids then :)

Back