driving me mental - SS content

BobCatMax":3k2863h3 said:
I did look at those Andy, as it would mean I could get gold OR orange ano which is very exciting

However the Scotsman in me is looking for a cheaper option :LOL:

I have some Velosolo ones as well, worth every penny imo, choice of colours and the different sized spacers means you can adjust yor chainline to suit.
Stop being so bloody tight! :LOL:

cyfa2809":248gfuj0 said:
BB spacers are also the same size if you are desperate and have an old cassette, use them form that.

was gonna suggest that - we all have thrown away worn cassettes but if you held onto one, then split it to get spacers and then grind the cogs down to size you have all the bits you need.

I wonder if there is an aluminium tube of correct diameter that would slip over the freehub and be thick enough?

Super tight wad tip ahoy!____ Go to B & Q and buy a length of plastic drain pipe [in 32mm if I remember], it comes in miser grey or bling white. :)

Failing that I have loads of spacers in silver or plastic campag in a sort of yellow, [the campy ones will fit a Shimano hub]. You can have them for Karma [postage only].

sweet! Thanks M.

Will try to remember this evening when I put the commuter back on the rack. I took a picture of the bike in question y'day (clicky) and forgot to check!! :facepalm:

The plastic plumbing pipe ones as old as the hills. I remember it from the early days of the internet when a couple guys calling themselves Team Sheep in the channel islands had a site about single speed.
Problem is its difficult to buy in lengths shorter than a couple of meters thus not so cheap :roll:

Back