Columbus fork: what means Foderi Laminati?

doctor-bond

Feature Bike
I've come across Columbus Forks which bear a Foderi Laminati sticker. Anyone know what this signifies? - google isn't helping.

A literal translation is 'rolled sleeves': but what could this mean in terms of fork construction?

grazie

Re: Columbus fork: what means Fedori Laminati?

doctor-bond":1f5q7dee said:
I've come across Columbus Forks which bear a Fedori Laminati sticker. Anyone know what this signifies? - google isn't helping.

A literal translation is 'rolled sleeves': but what could this mean in terms of fork construction?

grazie

To do with the way the tubing used in the fork blades is fabricated, I guess - it's butted in some way presumably. Interestingly, main frame tubing in the SLX New set is dedicated as rinforzi elicoidali which I presume means "spiral butted"*....I wonder if the terms rinforzi/laminati for tube butting are interchangeable?

David

*Although in the pasta world, things are different again and a "rifled" pattern is fusili....

It's all guess work, but I think butted is 'Spessore' ( I've seen 'Triplo Spessore' - triple butted). I'm guessing Rinforzi/Rinforzati is the splined reinforcement that they use: if it's spiral -- 'rifled' -- reinforcement then it ought to be Fusili.

My favourite pasta is Farfalle: maybe Columbus Butterfly could be a super lightweight frameset?

doctor-bond":wyjkvbt7 said:
My favourite pasta is Farfalle: maybe Columbus Butterfly could be a super lightweight frameset?

Veering rapidly off topic, but I always liked the tricolore variants, even if the red one doesn't actually taste of tomato and you can't taste the spinach in the green one! Radiatore is an interesting one and quite intricate, even if it does tend to get a bit bashed on the way home from the shops.

David

Back