UK trail bike. The story of an XCT5.

I also love the way you have made cable guides for the dropper. I have a similar problem on my Lapierre and would love to be able to make something to do away with the gasty cable ties.

I like the way the shock is relatively simple to work on.

Although, I'm sure Fox and the like are too, they just like us to think its black magic so they get sent to the likes of mojo for servicing.

Great thread on a lovely bike, cheers! I have to join the list of jealous people admiring your fabrication work :cool:

Cheers guys, kind words. I like to do a thread properly, if you know what I mean.

Stopped by the LBS today, which is normal for a Saturday, and came away with a bottom bracket to match the headset I bought from pompeydave of this parish.

_DSC0001_zps1b3f7a01.jpg

Fitted them both this afternoon, so I am one step closer to putting the Cotic back together. Thinking about getting gold hubs too....

Didn't take long to think about the hubs, ordered them during the week, and took even less time to arrive.

_DSC00011-2_zpsc51cb318.jpg

The monkey in the shop also convinced me to get the matching jockey wheels too, even tho I really dont need them. They are nice tho....

Also in the pic above are a pair of Raceface turbines, which are my new favourite crankset. These are used, picked up from eBay. These have slightly bigger rings than the ones borrowed from my Yeti, 28-40, so should pair well with a 11-36 cassette when I go ten speed.

I also ordered a pair of Hope quick release skewers, I have adapted part of the front to marry up to the RS Maxle, so I now have a Hope Maxle hybrid.

_DSC0002-4_zps758ddec8.jpg

:)

Those Turbines are lovely, but the again I'm a big fan of Race Face cranks. I know Shimano cranks are good too but modern ones are so expensive and close to the price of Race Face ones but just don't seem as exotic or special.

Back