16 kids and counting

Isaac_AG":3h54mex5 said:
I know people do have children for the benefits but it's not that much is it, child benefit is about £9 a week for the oldest and about £7 a week for each child after that, not the sort of sums that will get you to the Canary Islands each year, or even to Pontins, so why do it for benefits when bringing up children is so hard, rewarding but very hard.

Alison
Thing is, though - how much "bringing-up" do some really do?

Neil":3a5w4lts said:
Isaac_AG":3a5w4lts said:
I know people do have children for the benefits but it's not that much is it, child benefit is about £9 a week for the oldest and about £7 a week for each child after that, not the sort of sums that will get you to the Canary Islands each year, or even to Pontins, so why do it for benefits when bringing up children is so hard, rewarding but very hard.

Alison
Thing is, though - how much "bringing-up" do some really do?

Not sure how much bringing up I do it's a worry though how there going to fair after school, my 20 year old has recently become a Royal Marine Commando so he feels he's got his career mapped out, but the others, I just hope I am giving them a good start.

Alison

i really disagree with these people with huge familys. aside from the over population issue, I dont believe it is fair on the children to have moore kids than parent. in past times with extended families and families that stayed together more, then this was practicable, but nowadays kids tend to be solely raised by the parents and need as much attetion as possible to raise them correctly.

this is in no way putting down those with more than 2 as obviously good citizens can be raised in larger families, but on the whole people need to stop breeding.

bit of a rambling post, but I'm simultaneously typing and fighting of two monsters.

gavinda":17s1ofgl said:
i really disagree with these people with huge familys. aside from the over population issue, I dont believe it is fair on the children to have moore kids than parent. in past times with extended families and families that stayed together more, then this was practicable, but nowadays kids tend to be solely raised by the parents and need as much attetion as possible to raise them correctly.

this is in no way putting down those with more than 2 as obviously good citizens can be raised in larger families, but on the whole people need to stop breeding.

bit of a rambling post, but I'm simultaneously typing and fighting of two monsters.

I have a larger than average family, four as i said, but I think you have a point though, four is too many, it is very restrictive financially. My oldest son when he was fourteen and my other two were very young we could afford to let him go to Austria on the school skiing trip, but now I don't think I'll be able to afford it for my oldest daughter next year and she will miss out on a great experience. So I would not recommend more than two myself.

Alison

TheGreenRabbit":1yyzt4ix said:
I have a pair of bricks that could have stopped that . . . . . .

But that can be a very painful way of doing it - your thumbs could hurt for hours...

Isaac_AG":36grz5v5 said:

Alison

It's more than that when the council ensure the children aren't in poverty and thus stump up rent, council tax & utilities etc as I understand it.

The problem is, what is the option for the country, forced steralisation, how can you actually stop people breeding?

gtRTSdh":1tjdibz5 said:
The problem is, what is the option for the country, forced steralisation, how can you actually stop people breeding?

I'd implement a population re-distribution system.

First two children are allowed to stay with the mother, assuming she meets certain eligibility criteria.

Subsequent children are taken away and given to couples unable to have their own kids.

Not only would this reduce the benefits bill caused by 'super families', but it would also save the NHS some of the £400,000,000 pa that it currently spends on IVF for couples who struggle to have their own kids.

i think the main problem is simply that the wrong people are breeding, the useless feckless lazy are going at it like rabbits, every other day there is a news article about some layabout with an idiot factory between her legs with some other nomark happy to start the production line off, they have no intention ever of getting a job if they can avoid it as they given money and a home etc all paid for by the rest of us, but 'us' is shrinking slowly, at some point there will be more forced rules on who can have how many kids (and in some cases that wouldn't be a bad thing) because the state will not beable to cope with the bills.

problem is it is such a crap subject, the useless parents fire out more kids that they can't afford, they don't look after them properly because all they had them for was the benefit so the kid grows up to be another useless breeder/thief/idiot/hooligan/society drop out/whatever and it spirals into the next generation. the parents should be told not to have the kids as the government (our taxes) shouldn't have to pay for the child but they have the kids anyway, which forces the government to 'have to' pay the benefits as you can't leave a child unclothed/unfed etc.

funny how the parents always seem to smoke though.

i have friends who want kids, they decide to leave it a few years till they are in a better financial position, unfortunately some people just don't think that way and it's wrong.

i dread what this country and ultimately the world will become, by the end of my life time i may not see the result but i'm glad i have no children to see it through to the extent of "Idiocracy"

Back