1989 Raleigh Banana Team Bike - Dave Rayner

Re david's bike you might find his father John could help you , he is on Face book and had/worked at a bike shop in years gone past Query Ellis Briggs not certain on this

Yes, it was scuffed badly and there was a pinhole mark on the nose. I will post before and after.

Attachments

• saddle before.JPG
    saddle before.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 3,220
This is how it turned out. It would probably be easier to match black anyway, but worth looking into. I'm happy with the result, these Avocet Racing 2 are hard to come by in any shape!

Attachments

• saddle after.JPG
    saddle after.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 3,217
Matt_wood55":ns6gtlzk said:
Hi

I have a yellow Turbo on a MTB which didn't sell last year. If you are interested I can get better pics, wouldn't expect much for it.

Cheers
Matt

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=231581

That's very kind of you Matt - I'd like to see how I get on with it, but may well call on you if I can't get an acceptable finish.

citrixccea":1pfp47f0 said:
Matt_wood55":1pfp47f0 said:
Hi

I have a yellow Turbo on a MTB which didn't sell last year. If you are interested I can get better pics, wouldn't expect much for it.

Cheers
Matt

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=231581

That's very kind of you Matt - I'd like to see how I get on with it, but may well call on you if I can't get an acceptable finish.
No worries, it's not going anywhere. I will send you some pics, then at least you have peace of mind to experiment with a refurb.

Hi,

I have uploaded some photos on image shack t(see Link Below) that show all the transfers and details on Dave's 88 bike. I understand that when my bike was renovated great care was taken to ensure that the respray and decals were an exact copy. The 89 paint scheme on your bike would have been the same apart from Campagnolo stickers replacing the Shimano ones and as the bikes are the same size they would be in approx the same place

http://imageshack.us/user/banana753

I am loving this link keep up the good work!

Tim

citrixccea":27el68k3 said:
As I say on a wet dark day, taking these pics with a flash, the iphone is very kind, the saddle doesn't look as good in the flesh!

I have been in touch with the fund, and got a very prompt response back from Chris Walker, who in a very modest way told me he was one of Dave's old team mates. He sent me this image, which aside from being a stunning picture in it's own right also will be very helpful with getting some of the details right.

Well, judging from this pic the clothing is a big part of the look. Have you considered searching out some original Team Kit? I cant remember if you ever had a banana top?

Pete

TimColnago":3jtrtu34 said:
Hi,

I have uploaded some photos on image shack t(see Link Below) that show all the transfers and details on Dave's 88 bike. I understand that when my bike was renovated great care was taken to ensure that the respray and decals were an exact copy. The 89 paint scheme on your bike would have been the same apart from Campagnolo stickers replacing the Shimano ones and as the bikes are the same size they would be in approx the same place

http://imageshack.us/user/banana753

I am loving this link keep up the good work!

Tim

Thanks Tim, that's really useful, getting some transfers ordered is high up on my to do list - thanks for taking the time and trouble to do this.

I'd be interested in hearing from the forum members on who's had custom stickers made, and examples of workmanship would be appreciated, as it looks like that's the only way to get the "Banana THE ENERGY SNACK" decals.

Back