£2000.00 What retro bike?

Re:

JSO":3nin9drc said:
Might as well go for one of the MOST elusive of all Retro MTBs.....

OFF ROAD TOAD

Good luck on finding one though

But.....a nice Early Ti Frame would be great also
Another ORT

Attachments

• 1362687599661.jpg
    1362687599661.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 776
retrobikeguy":3tyrqsbu said:
Had all my 2k bikes for a lot less so I couldnt do 2k on one bike am afraid, for me ... A small, varied yet rideable selection of affordable bitd bikes i lusted over.

1991 marin bear valley, 1991 trek 8000, 1989 kona lavadome in yellow splatter, 1990 gt Tequesta in a really nice weird grey spatter i saw once, 1990 saracen traverse..... And a 1991 gt tachyon. All very affordable in this 2k price, maybe all at once........

RBG

I've got: 1990 Muddy Fox Courier Comp. 1990 Kona Cindercone,1991 Marin Pine Mountain, 1992 Kona Explosif, 1993 Cannondale M500, 1994 Gt Zaskar and a road bike.

So looking for a little special cherry for the top so to speak.

Matt

Pace rc200, Roberts dogsbolx, Roberts Genesis.
All incredibly luxuriously built with the nicest bits available. All will leave you with a good chunk of change.

I was thinking of a Klein in gator fade, but having seen some of the Pace and Yeti builds on here I'm unsure now :LOL:

Missed out on a Pace at a police auction once, only went for £180 but had already spent my cash.

Not yet. To be fair the Readers 97 section has a lot to answer for.
Some if the builds from Sinnermans and the like just blow my mind and then the doubts start.
I'm still waiting till the end of my first years business to see if I can give myself a bonus.

There was a time when £2k would buy a nice collection of vintage bikes, not one "average quality niche brand bike".

Get yourself to the Klein UK meet, they may let you touch them. Take the 2k with you and see what you can pry off them.
I wouldn't but them, they are not my thing and no higher end than many many other bikes.
They are just things some people like.
Putting XT on it, unless 1991 or earlier, would be silly as you've instantly gone mid-range.
Have a look here for anything else that might cost you're boat http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/forsale.html
If you're getting really stuck then http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/bike_list.html

Kona lover":340t3p2r said:
I was thinking of a Klein in gator fade, but having seen some of the Pace and Yeti builds on here I'm unsure now :LOL:

Missed out on a Pace at a police auction once, only went for £180 but had already spent my cash.

Well I couldn't find a retro bike for £2000 too much choice so got this instead.....

Next to my newly refurbished 92 Explosif.

well that's 2k down the drain :LOL: ........ it's a tupperware ROAD bike :shock: :facepalm:

Hope you'll enjoy it though and have many pleasant miles on it ;)

Latest posts

Back