1990 Marin Eldridge

Grumpy farmer

Dirt Disciple
I've finally worked out how to get pictures onto the ZX81 so here's my 1990 Eldridge.
She has been ridden about 60miles (40 miles by me) from new and all in the dry.
Unfortunately the original tyres fell to bits as did the grips and then whilst in storage some vermin decided to consume the saddle but they are the only non original items. They have been replaced with some Wildgrippers, Ritchey True Grips and a Selle Italia saddle with a similar covering to the Marin one. It's a bit of a garage queen and to be 100% honest I prefer the ride of the more tired, skinny tubed, 1991 Rockhopper Comp I have.

Attachments

• adverts preloved 2013 014.JPG
    adverts preloved 2013 014.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 1,219
wow - my friend had one of these. Lovely. I dreamt of owning the bear valley from the year before. So many hours spent reading that black brochure!

great bike there. not that many '90 models around, oddly enough. plenty of 91's though.

settle, not a bad place to stretch yer legs. good riding towards malham tarn ;)

thanks for the pic, any plans for getting it mucky? :)

It might not get muddy, I've had it 4 years and in that time it's only been ridden on a family holiday in Scotland 2 years ago.I am currently trying to make the difficult decision on whether to part with this or not as I do prefer the Rockhopper and my father in law has just cast off one of his hardly ridden retros to me (which was a bit of a surprise especially when it appeared from the garage loft and said Boulder and Starship on it). I bought this because in November 1989 I bought my first raceable mountainbike, I went to Chevin Cycles with my heart set on the Eldridge but ended up walking out with a Karakorum K2, I always thought I'd been pushed into buying the wrong bike but now I'm not sure.

drcarlos":23o54dsz said:
Grumpy farmer":23o54dsz said:
1991 Rockhopper Comp I have.

Pics of this please, not seen one since mine went missing, is it the burgundy one?

Carl.
Yes indeedy, I'll take a piccy or 2 later tonight. It was as it left the shop, but well used, until a ride round Gisburn Forest with the North West lot last month. It survived the ride but in the following days it suffered exploding sti-itus and hideous middle ring chainsuck

Very tidy. Could be interested if you sell as I'm only down the road in Skipton. ;)

Have been up your way today with work at a Farm fire. Bloody chilly I tell ya!

brocklanders023":31n7nalm said:
Very tidy. Could be interested if you sell as I'm only down the road in Skipton. ;)

Have been up your way today with work at a Farm fire. Bloody chilly I tell ya!

Oh heck, don't tell me it involved a heat lamp for some lambs and some straw!!! Our barn lost it's roof about 30 year ago for that reason (not us I hasten to add)

few more piccies

Attachments

• marin1.jpg
    marin1.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 1,143
  • marin2.jpg
    marin2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,145
  • marin3.jpg
    marin3.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 1,144
  • marin4.jpg