Sending a frame from the USA to the UK?

their own postal service usps I found is the cheapest way at about a third of what fed ex are charging

I sent a really heavy..i think about 27lbs d/h frame insured to a $100 for about $116 if i remember late last year

I sent a frame/fork and some parts from the US to the UK a week ago. I sent it USPS Priorty. It should arrive in the next few days (about 10 days in transit).

I think the box dimensions were 42x20x8. It can't be much larger than that, or it would need to go via Express which costs 3times as much.

The total weight was somewhere around 20-24 pounds. It cost just a few cents less than $100USD.

As long as the Length + Girth of the box is less than or equal to 108" you should be fine via USPS. Some post offices let an extra inch or two slide, others will refuse shipment for 0.25" over the 108. It's a crapshoot.

mkozaczek":fpigardq said:
It's a crapshoot.

Well said. At my PO, there's one employee who re-measures (2x) everything and then rounds up. I avoid her like the plague...most of the other employees don't even re-measure once if it's pre-paid.

I strongly suggest you pay online and just drop it off at the PO. It's much easier.

PeteC":mu4l1gs5 said:
mkozaczek":mu4l1gs5 said:
It's a crapshoot.

Well said. At my PO, there's one employee who re-measures (2x) everything and then rounds up. I avoid her like the plague...most of the other employees don't even re-measure once if it's pre-paid.

I strongly suggest you pay online and just drop it off at the PO. It's much easier.

At my PO they see me walking in with a big box and it doesn't matter if it has a label or not, they want to confirm the measurements. So, I got to another post office.

I sent a frame a few weeks back for about $80. Used Parcel2go to get some quotes.

Back