I'm picking up one of these on Monday...

louisbalfourjazzclub-nice.jpg

twain":12i97e0b said:
My endearing memory of that character:-

Louis Balfour: What are you going to play for us today, Jackson?
Jackson Jeffrey Jackson: Trumpet.
Louis Balfour: No, er, what tune?
Jackson Jeffrey Jackson: [indignant] Tune? This' jazz, man!

Neil":32if5u1v said:
twain":32if5u1v said:
My endearing memory of that character:-

Louis Balfour: What are you going to play for us today, Jackson?
Jackson Jeffrey Jackson: Trumpet.
Louis Balfour: No, er, what tune?
Jackson Jeffrey Jackson: [indignant] Tune? This' jazz, man!
i literally just watched that clip after finding that image.
i bloody miss the Fast Show.

back on topic though - this is the third time or so that i've seen a Whyte bike being shown off (in a good way) - whats the deal with Whyte? they been around for a while? can't seem to make out what the fuss is about (not being critical - just curious) :)

Must admit even the bog standard commuter Whytes I see around have a certain visual apeal, bet they dont ride any better than anyone elses creations though.

collected the bike today and just been for a quick spin, happily it seems very good to ride - light enough to be easy up the hills and super stable and very fast coming back down. Can't wait for the weekend! :)

Why did I buy it? Simple: great reviews, designed and tested in the UK for UK riding conditions and probably the best spec you can get for £2k other than canyon (and I was a bit worried about the mail order thing).
I have several mates who ride Whyte and all of them rave about the ride and quality (lifetime guarantee onframes including bearings!). I've always been a gt fan and had an Ellsworth before, but they both suffered in UK mud.

I'll update when It's had a proper outing.

Back