Frame Identification Please- Coyote, Ballistic, Jackal, Felt

cyclinggardener

Retro Guru
I've been told this is definitely all sorts of things, can anyone give me a categorical answer?

Cheers!

Attachments

• shiny-bike-tyre-and-frame-wee.jpg
    shiny-bike-tyre-and-frame-wee.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 630
  • shiny-bike-seat-stays.jpg
    shiny-bike-seat-stays.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 630
  • shiny-bike-wee.jpg
    shiny-bike-wee.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 630
Re: Frame Identification Please- Coyote, Ballistic, Jackal,

Is that the one on Gumtree which the seller has had advertised for months now, and who says it's "super rare" and "hand made"..?

:roll:

In fairness, it's quite a nice frame and I like the seatstay/chainstay detailing. It's just a shame that the rest of the spec isn't up to the asking price (or wasn't the last time I saw it on Gumtree).

That wishbone is just like a Coyote Ultralite. Has it got the Easton E in a star shape stamped on the top, down and seat tubes like your Rock Lobster team tig sl has (I assume)?

90% sure its a 1997 or 1998 Saracen kili. If you search my username in the for sale section I sold one of these a while back. Forks are Saracen segmented as well so I will up my guess to 95%

Barneyballbags":7z4stloi said:
Is that the one on Gumtree which the seller has had advertised for months now, and who says it's "super rare" and "hand made"..?

It was on gumtree last year, not listed as hand made nor super rare though. Thanks for sharing your opinion on spec and asking price.

Anthony":7z4stloi said:
That wishbone is just like a Coyote Ultralite. Has it got the Easton E in a star shape stamped on the top, down and seat tubes like your Rock Lobster team tig sl has (I assume)?

No it doesn't have Es in stars, my Rock Lobster is steel, not ali. I've got pics of another frame the same as this one with Easton Elite stickers on it (no others though obviously...)

coomber":7z4stloi said:
Some differences but still think that it is a saracen

I'm not convinced I'm afraid, the detail is too different on the stays. The forks are relatively modern ones that I stripped and polished so may just be confusing matters.

This has been discussed in the past regarding another example of the same frame but without conclusion...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=187293

Cheers for the input!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 546
  • shiny bike on ebay.JPG
    shiny bike on ebay.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 546

nice-but-generic far eastern alloy frame that was sold under a number of brands perhaps?

we have a winner

Yep, I didn't know they used Easton tubing for generic frames but it could be, that would explain why no-one can pinpoint an ID.

the Merlin (lancashire) and coyotes of this world wanted something they could charge more for something with cachet

so the generic frame shops bought a pile of easton tubing...

Back