Kona humu humu cruiser/klunker summer bike :-)

i may have a spare XTm739 vbrake arm (with cable pinch bolt) available...
if you are interested, let me know and i'll have a dig.
i like these cruisers, not so sure how they'd handle though with those kinds of bars :?

twain":1fivfn73 said:
i like these cruisers, not so sure how they'd handle though with those kinds of bars :?

Hi, urm at the moment I'm trying to fund an all mountain/light freeride type bike so all the money is going into that, Im hoping I won't have to sell this to fund it! :roll:

konaben82":nk7zo1u9 said:
twain":nk7zo1u9 said:

Hi, urm at the moment I'm trying to fund an all mountain/light freeride type bike so all the money is going into that, Im hoping I won't have to sell this to fund it! :roll:

i never said anything about paying for it ;)

Re: Kona Humu summer bike

Hello Mate,

Do you by any chance still have this Kona Humu? I'm building my first retro bike, and managed to get myself the exact frame. A bit chipped, so I'm respraying it..

But it is a bit mysterious, and maybe have been put together from old parts as it came with a disc ready rear wheel. Which doesn't seem to fit that well, and it's v brake only..

I've been scouring the internet, without any luck, to find out if it's !30mm or 135mm….Then I found your post..

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,
Arthur

Re:

Thanks for your reply,

During the past couple of weeks I have seen people saying that the humu came in 120mm, I'm positive this one is the 2010 model. It's got the curved top tube, rather than the straight humus that are around.

It looks exactly like this one which is a 2009 and blue, but the owner says it's 135mm. Hmm…

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index. ... ion.75022/

The wheel measures at 135mm, and it's quite cheap so I would like a nice non disc hub. But the frame measures at bang on 130mm. My local shop, who used to be a major kona dealer reckon it will be 135mm, but appears 130mm because of the natural spring of the steel..

I have found the hub which I would like to get, thankfully it is available in 130 and 135, I'd like to buy the right hub though, as it's not cheap!

Re:

If it measures at 130mm then buy that!

Or buy a cheap donor wheel that size and fit it first to double check.

Back