raleigh sb664

Agree about the looks looking like smaller verions of the Carlton Capella lugs

thanks for the nod on the Capella lugs and Vagner crown, thatll no doubt keep me busy on google tonight in my fabled quest for knowledge??

fully agree with you rk, it was the 'team' colourscheme that first caught my attention and think its really stood the test of time but will be keeping this in its original paint for as long as possible. raleigh certainly got their moneys worth out the team colours so would be a shame to some day follow that same path with an early example originally painted in the more unusual gold and fitted with non standard lugs. i understand the temptation to throw some money and paint at an old frame and turn back the clock 30 years but do think you loose something if its not entirely necessary? but what do i know.....

got the bottom bracket removed today so will hopefully get frame packaged and sent off to argos for repair over the weekend.

in the meantime i thought id add more crap photos, some of the bits n bobs ill hopefully be re attaching soon.....

andy.

andy.

Attachments

• 2013-03-07 16.28.19.jpg
    2013-03-07 16.28.19.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 262
  • 2013-03-07 16.33.33.jpg
    2013-03-07 16.33.33.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 262
Mix of kit to sort out from a variety of decades :)

Looking at the lugs again they do seem to be Modified Capella, as was the stock-in-trade of any good frame builder to attack the lugs with a file loL

Looks like Campag NR /SR stuff of the day apart from the seat post which looks a bit "Aero"

Shaun

Back