Carbon GT LTS

I kinda lost my words on this one. I knew it existed, but never saw one. Then I had to google for the word "skip" as a noun, which I don't know, as English is not my native tongue.

Congratulations, you are the luckiest guy I've heard of this year! Make it a good one. If you don't care much about the bike, I am sure you will pass it to someone who will love and cherish it.

Cheers!
Mx

That. Is. Ridiculous.

I hope you bought a lottery ticket on that day, you're evidently favoured by Lady Luck.

Rampage":13hvv243 said:
Very nice, I don't think I've seen one with the titanium linkage before, only the aluminium LTS.
I think this was the later version as the first didn't have the aluminium headtube, but could be completely wrong.
It's still carbon fibre but they used thermoplastic rather than thermoset plastic to keep it in shape (or whatever it does!).
Check the linkages for cracks and the bb shell and all aluminium parts thinking about it! BB shell especially, inside and out.

I sold one of these in good'ish condition for £220 a couple of years ago, just the frame and shock.

The titanium linkage version was the 1st gen. of the frame, later on they were re-named STS. They all had the aluminum headtube until the final version which also had longer travel (adjustable too). This one should be from about 1996.

Well with the linkage as it is, it's definitely pre-1997. That much is certain.

I'm not sure they made a carbon LTS in 1995 when the first ones came out, so my guess would be that it's a '96 as others have also said.

Here's mine , just because , it's lovely by the way
P1040595.jpg

Have an chance to buy a STS from a friend... $400 needs a new brake cable...

Scared about the issues I have heard about the cracking and hard to find parts...

In decent condition, is this bike worth $400??? Is it a big project for a newbie?

VJR021":1j651c7d said:
Have an chance to buy a STS from a friend... $400 needs a new brake cable...

Scared about the issues I have heard about the cracking and hard to find parts...

In decent condition, is this bike worth $400??? Is it a big project for a newbie?

It's definitely worth the money. Go for it :)

Back