Cheap car insurance for teenagers. ?

But have you actually got quotes? Insurance group doesn't tell the whole story. Some cars are artificially increased due to being seen as 'high risk'.

yeah, actual insurance quotes.. from elephant, sheilas wheels, compare the this-that-and-the-other..

You would think that all cars of a given insurance group would cost the same to insure, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Somebody on the French Car Forum was complaining about the cost of insuring his diesel Peugeot 106 recently, I think it was costing more than a V6 Xantia he'd had previously. The consensus was that the 106/Saxo was a boy racer favourite and all models were loaded accordingly, even though this driver was in his 40s with a clean record. I wonder if the C2 is similarly tainted.

Try a 10 year old grandad car (old volvo, honda, nissan or something similar, maybe with a diesel) the car will cost peanuts, the insurance *should* be cheaper (the cars are easy and cheap to fix, and they don't often get crashed, as only moderately sensible/dull people own them) the money you save (huge amounts) should cover for the slightly increased cost of running.

Mate of mine at 17 had a volvo 440 turbo, all the trimmings and toys, 130+mph top speed IIRC. Under £250 Fully Comp. Most of the rest of us were looking at nearer £1000 quid for 1 litre fiestas, novas, AX and so on.

Either that or pass plus (if they still have it over there)

My_Teenage_Self":egqp3agj said:
But have you actually got quotes? Insurance group doesn't tell the whole story. Some cars are artificially increased due to being seen as 'high risk'.

Like Citroen! They always have been more expensive to insure than similar cars.
The missus has just bought a Punto. She wanted a Citroen C3 but it was twice as much to insure...
I briefly had a Berlingo last year . That cost more to insure than a Subaru Forester turbo , with mods!
I think the car is the problem.

Latest posts

Back