Has anyone used a steerer tube extension unit?

I have a 1 1/8 one i am not using. make a offer. it has only been fitted once to a bike, before i got the correct forks for the frame.

Dave

Piperdave":2gtz8i37 said:
I have a 1 1/8 one i am not using. make a offer. it has only been fitted once to a bike, before i got the correct forks for the frame.

Dave

Thanks Dave but I need a 1" extender!

I fitted one. It works fine but adds weight and if you're a perfectionist it'll niggle you constantly! If you just need a quick, practical, acceptable solution it's fine.

GBS

Im considering using this to get me out of a hole, I have a 145mm head tube and a set of threaded forks with steerer 130mm!
Seeing the previous comment on weight, was this significant on the Velo?

Hi, here's a link to the adaptor on Velo Orange, with all the specs:

http://store.velo-orange.com/index.php/vo-threadless-stem-adaptor.html

The VO stem adaptor is robust. Got this from Freshtripe. Weight wise, it roughly doubles up on the weight of your average stem. This could be crucial, if you're counting the grams. I've got a 150mm Forge Ahead stem (On-One), on it at the mo – this is chunky beast in itself, but it's on an old old Clockwork stripped down for 1x8 speed road commuting. If I'm going to off road and need to do some carrying, I swap back to an old all in one stem set up.

Sounds like a 130mm short steerer is going to be problematic though...

Back