Rigid forks, wonky bosses...

dyl

Devout Dirtbag
Just bought these over here:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=245235

Would you be bothered by wonky brake bosses and try to return them (to Planet X, which is about 3 miles from where I live) or just bung brakes on them and compensate by adjusting the pads?

Attachments

• IMG_3340_ed.jpg
    IMG_3340_ed.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 301
I suspect you're right. If only I hadn't noticed...

I also have a rack that they sold as "alloy" which turned out to be steel, and when I emailed them about it they never replied so I can hassle them about that too.

Are they a bit crap in anyone else's experience? They've always seemed to be relatively well reputed.

dyl":3chihdib said:
Are they a bit crap in anyone else's experience? They've always seemed to be relatively well reputed.
Not crap, just a bit slapdash and amateur.
Pay peanuts, get monkeys springs to mind. But more like cashews.

If that makes sense.

(There are far far far far worse about!)

I've always had good experiences with Planet X. If you take your fork back then I think they will refund you or offer you some money back. The last time I went in they were selling a batch of forks with wonky bosses at a big discount. It's possible yours is one of those that slipped through into normal stock.

Rich

ajantom":2mexk5nv said:
Steel is an alloy. Now if they said Alu then you have case.
This is a good point. But!

They sell both "Alloy" and "Steel" rear Minoura racks. I bought one of the alloy ones and it wasn't steel. To me this suggests that the front one that they sell as "alloy" isn't made of steel. But it is.

I visited PlanetX today. The shop staff and mechanics both reckon the wonky bosses are fine - they're parallel so shouldn't cause any problems. Fair enough. I'll cope.

They also refunded me for the steel "alloy" rack.

Back